5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
So, for those of us who don't have the time or the expertise to do this conversion, does somebody out there do it for cash?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Upon closer inspection of this video, I have 2 concerns:

Firstly, I didn't see a really decent WATERPROOF boot on the backside. Without this, the entire housing could quickly become foggy and waterlogged. although the projectors themselves seem to be waterproof, without a really good seal on the back, this setup would really only work well with the clear plastic cover removed.

Secondly, I didn't see any good way to actually aim the lights once all elements were combined and the light was attached to the car.I guess all you can do is try a wild guess at what's right before you assemble it, then just hope you were at least close when you install it? So, once again, it looks like this can only work with the clear plastic shell removed.

No, sorry, this whole thing looks like a kludge customization to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Upon closer inspection of this video, I have 2 concerns:

Firstly, I didn't see a really decent WATERPROOF boot on the backside. Without this, the entire housing could quickly become foggy and waterlogged. although the projectors themselves seem to be waterproof, without a really good seal on the back, this setup would really only work well with the clear plastic cover removed.

Secondly, I didn't see any good way to actually aim the lights once all elements were combined and the light was attached to the car.I guess all you can do is try a wild guess at what's right before you assemble it, then just hope you were at least close when you install it? So, once again, it looks like this can only work with the clear plastic shell removed.

No, sorry, this whole thing looks like a kludge customization to me.
at 1:50 in the video you will see the silicon cover thats used to protect the backside.
In part one of the video you will see how he aimed the projector lights to measure where he needed to position them. I've also seen other methods of doing this. Still researching the process to see if I can do it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been looking for aftermarket turn-key projector housings for my 19. I just want to order complete housings that are plug n play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts