5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the price of the Fiesta was nearly $11,000 for the brand-new car, the Impreza was practically double the price (~$22500)! However, you get what you pay for. 152 ponies, an epic CVT, legendary AWD system, along with many creature comforts like an all-weather package is what the Impreza brought to the table. The Fiesta, with it's well-known excellent handling, squirrely automatic transmission, and 120 hp was a close match. You do get a lot of car for the money with the Fiesta, even with it's 1.0L engine. If you just need a car to lease for two years, the Fiesta is perfect. If you care about your comfort and plan on fully enjoying the car, the Impreza is almost a must. Why not go for the hatchback? You get a reliable and practical package that utilizes it's 152 hp like a dream.

·
Registered
308 Posts
For that kind of price ~11,000, that isn't bad at all. But, I just love the way the Impreza looks and all of the features you can get with it.

The Fiesta doesn't seem like a bad idea for the significant other though... she only goes to work and comes home and that's essentially it. What's the difference in mpg?

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
When I look for a car I want affordable AWD because where I live we get more than 13 feet of snow a year with storms dumping on us day and night.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are actually about the same for gas mileage, 28 city for both and 37 highway for the Impreza. I cannot recall what the highway mpg was for the Fiesta SE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts