5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question just out of my curiosity that has been answered on here before, but i wanna know what all my sport owners are getting (according to the cars computer) for average MPG. my car has been saying 24.2 with around a 60/40 city/highway driving. anyone else getting anything better/worse? this past fill up ive been driving super conservative and have gotten 215 miles out my tank and the car says i have 70 miles to empty. is there any other ways to improve my fuel economy? ive been thinking about getting 17s with a bigger sidewall but same 225 width, but im not sure thatll help.

ALSO, ive been thinking about the RSR lowering springs and i was wondering if anyone here has em or if they like them. on their website it says theyre out of stock. ive been looking at the sti front lip as well but i dont wanna spend ~$300 for something thats just going to get scraped across the floor.

does anyone also have any more info on the sti roof spoiler thats been announced with the 2018 crosstrek? is it any bigger than stock? from what ive seen in pictures it almost looks stock to me.

ive seen some posts on here for getting the limited headlights on our cars (you aussies are lucky that you guys get them on yours) but ive just been super confused as to how theyd fit and whether or not theyd work.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
In a recent trip mine went up to 33.2.

I am over 2 thousand miles, during the first thousand I was getting in the 20s.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the premium (not sport) package, but I'm getting ~37mpg on display panel with 90% highway driving. Actual calculated mpg at last fill-up was closer to 32 mpg, but I've only had a couple tanks filled so far. ~6,000 miles on my car so far. I'm guessing the torque vectoring on the sport uses a bit more gas?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I usually get ~32 mpg with 35c/650h (if you count windy country roads @50mph+ as highway and the uphill engine revs as city) lol
When I went an a road trip from NJ to NC/SC every tank I used the car said 35mpg or more, but if i did the miles/gallons I got back in the tank it was between 32 and 34. Sill pretty close to EPA est.

I'm not sure why some people arent getting the mileage as advertised, that sucks. But I would say just drive as you wish to conserve gas, but don't forget to enjoy the car!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a sport edition and around city almost 100% of my driving I'm getting around 24-26 MPG depending on how many times I'm running late for work. My recent trip to Alabama I filled up and cleared the trip and
got average around 35 MPG

·
Registered
320 Posts
Averaging in the 29s per computer for my driving over the past 1700 miles or so. That's a mix of city stop and go and short stints of highway around the city. I'm heading about an hour and a half south by highway tomorrow and coming back, so I'm planning to reset the trip computer and see what kind of mileage I get out of that to get a feel for the highway mileage.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Averaging in the 29s per computer for my driving over the past 1700 miles or so. That's a mix of city stop and go and short stints of highway around the city. I'm heading about an hour and a half south by highway tomorrow and coming back, so I'm planning to reset the trip computer and see what kind of mileage I get out of that to get a feel for the highway mileage.
Trip went well. Drive was from Rochester, NY to Corning, NY and back. With four adults and associated junk in the car it didn't feel sluggish or struggle anywhere. Mileage could have been better, I came out to around 33.3 with speeds in the 73-75mph range. I don't normally do a lot of highway cruising with four adults in the car but I'm guessing that didn't help mileage, and the route is pretty hilly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trip went well. Drive was from Rochester, NY to Corning, NY and back. With four adults and associated junk in the car it didn't feel sluggish or struggle anywhere. Mileage could have been better, I came out to around 33.3 with speeds in the 73-75mph range. I don't normally do a lot of highway cruising with four adults in the car but I'm guessing that didn't help mileage, and the route is pretty hilly.
man, when i only had one other person in the car on the way to Los Angeles, CA from San Diego, CA cruising at around 75-77mph the entire trip on mostly straight flat highway i was only able to inch out around 31 on average. i have no idea whether its my previous driving with the car, it didnt break in properly, or im using some real bad gas.

·
Registered
68 Posts
man, when i only had one other person in the car on the way to Los Angeles, CA from San Diego, CA cruising at around 75-77mph the entire trip on mostly straight flat highway i was only able to inch out around 31 on average. i have no idea whether its my previous driving with the car, it didnt break in properly, or im using some real bad gas.
We have 3,200 miles on our Sport. This weekend we drove Los Angeles (South Bay) to San Diego and back our average was 33.2 with speeds of 65 - 80 mph.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have 3,200 miles on our Sport. This weekend we drove Los Angeles (South Bay) to San Diego and back our average was 33.2 with speeds of 65 - 80 mph.
i guess you could say thats pretty "impreziv" :laugh:i just rolled over 5200 miles on mine. is yours the CVT or 5-speed?

·
Registered
68 Posts
i guess you could say thats pretty "impreziv" :laugh:i just rolled over 5200 miles on mine. is yours the CVT or 5-speed?

CVT. But the lifetime average is only 24.1. My wife drives this car most of the time and she is just a couple miles from her office. Car is mostly just driven around town which why the lifetime is low. I have not touched the "A" trip meter so we are able to see the lifetime average.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh I mean just me going to Alabama on a full tank and a cleared trip meter. I averaged in the 30s. It gets a little hilly a little after Ogden AL. So I literally watched my MPG drop on the hills in my 5 speed sport

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh I mean just me going to Alabama on a full tank and a cleared trip meter. I averaged in the 30s. It gets a little hilly a little after Ogden AL. So I literally watched my MPG drop on the hills in my 5 speed sport
its so weird how the 5 speed is rated at a much worse estimate but they seem to be the ones getting the better mileage compared to me. my 5 speed 330ci gets me close to an average of 29, where the my CVT sport gets around 24 if im lucky.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts