5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it's possible to order the pre-painted side skirts and attach them to the base model? I really like the look but the sport was not available near me with the manual transmission so I'm sort of piece by piece building my own...

Thanks in advance for the info!

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,187 Posts
I don't see why not.

Something to think about; a few weeks ago while hand washing my car I noticed that the side skirts are not the same color as the body. It is quite obvious when it is wet in the sun. Is it enough to make me complain or take it back to the dealer? No, does it kind of bother me? Yea, it also is disappointing to me that Subaru can't seem to get paint right.

If you can't get them pre-painted you could always have a body shop use the Subaru paint code and paint them for you. Chances are they won't be as bad as the Subaru paint.

So how far are you going with the transformation? Are you going to do everything? That could be pricy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the side skirts do come in the colors provided to the Impreza models, I don't think that they would provide the side skirts for the customers to pay more to get them painted, or at least it's not stated. Try contacting your dealer and see if they have the colors or if you're looking to purchase online check if they have options for colors.

·
Registered
215 Posts
On Subaru parts for you dot com all the add ons like spoilers and what not are pre painted. So you order the spoiler in the color of you car, and it?s got its own part number. So I?d assume the rocker panels are also painted to your order. FYI www.subarupartsforyou.com has the cheapest OEM parts across the board of any site I can find.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't see why not.

I noticed that the side skirts are not the same color as the body. It is quite obvious when it is wet in the sun.

So how far are you going with the transformation? Are you going to do everything? That could be pricy.

Hey man - yeah I've got a godfather who owns a body shop and paint shop. He'll be hooking it up so I appreciate you letting me know about the pre-painted. I'd rather go ahead and have him do it. I know he'll get the paint exactly right.

As for the transformation? Not that far, probably just the short-throw shifter and side skirts. I'm leaving the interior alone otherwise.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On Subaru parts for you dot com all the add ons like spoilers and what not are pre painted. So you order the spoiler in the color of you car, and it?s got its own part number. So I?d assume the rocker panels are also painted to your order. FYI www.subarupartsforyou.com has the cheapest OEM parts across the board of any site I can find.
I actually haven't been able to find just the side skirt anywhere. I think I may have to go to the dealer and have them look up the part code for me...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think I want to do this upgrade to my base model, can anyone confirm the parts I found are correct? They are listed as sport side spoilers.
Rocker Panel Guard (Right, Red, Silver, White, Black, Metallic) 96051FL00ANN
Rocker Panel Guard (Left, Grey, Red, Silver, White, Black, Blue, Metallic) 96051FL01ANN

I can't seem to find a way to enter the color matched code though... found this recent thread 2020 Impreza Sport Side Skirt
and the part number for color matched seems to be 96051FL01AT6 and 96051FL00AT6 , but a search puts me to those superseded part #s and I can't specify color... I may just call and talk to someone to order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I want to do this upgrade to my base model, can anyone confirm the parts I found are correct? They are listed as sport side spoilers.
Rocker Panel Guard (Right, Red, Silver, White, Black, Metallic) 96051FL00ANN
Rocker Panel Guard (Left, Grey, Red, Silver, White, Black, Blue, Metallic) 96051FL01ANN

I can't seem to find a way to enter the color matched code though... found this recent thread 2020 Impreza Sport Side Skirt
and the part number for color matched seems to be 96051FL01AT6 and 96051FL00AT6 , but a search puts me to those superseded part #s and I can't specify color... I may just call and talk to someone to order.
Did you end up buying the parts?

Did everything fit?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts