5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'd like to open up a discussion for those who have base model sedans who are also on the same page as me. I am looking for inexpensive alternatives for roof attachments whether it be crossbars or roof rails. That means my car has nothing above but those mounting points. I've seen the oem crossbar which is around $170 however it looks to high to my liking. I'm looking forward to getting a cargo rack with it so I'd want to know if anyone here has any lowkey cheaper and reliable options they would wanna share. My budget for the rails/crossbars alone is maybe $250-$300 tops. I want to have a lower profile than oem, similar to yakima or thule, though not the pricetag.... Someone educate me!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not necessarily inexpensive, but within the range you note:
Scroll down for “performance rally roof rails”
Rails only @229$usd. With shipping just under 270.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but likely will as I dig the look a little better than the oem fixed crossbars

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your best bet would be to find a set of used Yakima or Thule towers and bars on craigslist, OfferUp, or Facebook Marketplace. You should be able to find them within that budget. I use a set of older Yakima control towers with round bars. Yakima's site doesn't list the control towers as compatible, but they are. I think it's mainly because they Yakima longer makes the control towers and wants people to buy the skyline towers instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts