5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 3 variants for each 2017 Impreza model. Got it done this morning
first thing. It appears to fix everything we've seen here!

Just got back from the dealership after 1 hour to get the Infotainment updated.
All done and they did not believe me at first that there was an update as it was
news to them. But they found it and it updated OK and seems better. I was the first
to get it done there. They were curious how I knew about STIS!

"How do you know there is an update????" But there were all cool about it.

I did notice right away that when I went to the volume settings after starting my
fixed car, the Phone volume - which had been going back to 20 every time -
was at 30 where I had set before it kept resetting! So it was there all along.
I'm optimistic. Station presets will need to be redone, but will hopefully stay
this time. But nav and may other settings appeared to stay put.

Here is the PDF for TSB 15-211-17 - sorry I had to scan from what the dealer printed.
The new version image is rotated. But you can see the updated version number.

http://bit.ly/2taEAEm

If you feel brave, you can pay for the update and download from STIS and do it yourself.
It won't come over Wifi - as I had said - it's too complex to do that way.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Download and read the instructions carefully which are in the original post.
If you install the wrong version on your unit, it could brick it and then
don't expect any love from Subaru.

It's says for the Harman units.

If you do manage to do it yourself and have success, please let us know.
As I stated mine was done at the dealership. Even having a few of the
annoying quirks gone is a great thing. Seems very stable and working
better.

Reactions: DeanGibson

·
Registered
98 Posts
Oh, this is so exciting. Thank you for posting the PDF! I'm so happy they've addressed items #1-3 below! I'm probably going to try installing it myself tonight so I can skip a trip to the dealer.

For those who don't want to open it, and for forum search-ability:
TSB 15-211-17R

Additional symptoms addressed by this update:
1. Radio station presets disappear (touch screen buttons return to "Initializing").
2. STARLINK "Telematics Service in Progress" screen freezes.
3. Apple Car Play / Android Auto function does not operate ("No Device Connected").
4. The complete guidance route can be displayed.
5. A longitude and Latitude search feature has been added.
6. A "Beep" notification feature has been added for driving time and rest periods.

Available Version ID should be Rel2.17.22.20 - the same for all three levels of head unit.
USB Drive should be >=16GB, formatted as NTFS
Should take less than 10 minutes to complete.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does anybody know if the
Code:
F10 Gracenote Media Database Update 1_1_17 (TSB 15-208-17)
is current ? I noticed issues with the system not detecting media from USB and/or displaying wrong artist/album name/image ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, just went through all of the procedure in the PDF. Used a 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive formatted to NTFS. Worked like a charm! It is kind of annoying that you have to leave the car idling, but, hey, definitely less fuel than if I were to drive to the dealer!
Fingers crossed that Android Auto now works 100% of the time and I never see that Telematics Service in Progress screen again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Done ! used a 16GB flash drive, followed the instructions and it worked. Did a factory reset just to be sure any settings that might interfere will be erased.

didn't have time to check it out as I did it during my lunch break, but the system reboots and the Version ID is Rel2.17.22.20

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is this a free update from the dealer? When I go to mysubaru page its not posting any active/open recalls or campaigns. I havent used my android auto for the past 3 months because it just enrages me everytime I try to use it and it doesnt work.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is this a free update from the dealer? When I go to mysubaru page its not posting any active/open recalls or campaigns. I havent used my android auto for the past 3 months because it just enrages me everytime I try to use it and it doesnt work.
Yes, it is. And if your dealer is trying to make you pay, download and print the PDF the OP posted. Page 11 have information for dealers what to post for a claim for the labor, and even a one time fee to buy flash drives.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No go, not fixed.

Just tried it. Turned off radio before I shut the car off.
Got back in, started car, got the "I Agree" and then
screen was blank, but radio was on.
Hit the radio button and screen came back on.

Very weird behavior indeed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No go, not fixed.

Just tried it. Turned off radio before I shut the car off.
Got back in, started car, got the "I Agree" and then
screen was blank, but radio was on.
Hit the radio button and screen came back on.

Very weird behavior indeed.
Reading the list of issues resolved in this update, this issue was NOT addressed. I can live with this, as long as the presets are not erased, or Android Auto being disabled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Proceed with caution. Had the dealer do the update and my head unit is now a brick. I am glad it was the dealer doing the update and not me. They have a new head unit on order. Not sure they would be willing to replace it if I did the update myself.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Proceed with caution. Had the dealer do the update and my head unit is now a brick. I am glad it was the dealer doing the update and not me. They have a new head unit on order. Not sure they would be willing to replace it if I did the update myself.
Although rare, it might happen.

1 - 20 of 228 Posts