5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if you can actually play movies via the infotainment? If so, what type of format does it accept etc..

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here's a youtube on how to watch on an Outback. Don't know if it would work on current Impreza with the bigger screen or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
owner's manual says you can play videos off a usb, but only when car is stopped. Haven't tried it myself.
Thanks for the information - Does anyone know if there is a bypass to allow passenger to watch movies/tv shows while the car is moving?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know if there is a bypass or not, but you may want to check your local laws before you try one if it exists. In almost all states in the US, that would be illegal. I don't know about other countries, but given its potential to distract the driver, I wouldn't be surprised if many other countries in which Subarus are sold have similar laws.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if there is a bypass or not, but you may want to check your local laws before you try one if it exists. In almost all states in the US, that would be illegal. I don't know about other countries, but given its potential to distract the driver, I wouldn't be surprised if many other countries in which Subarus are sold have similar laws.
Its mainly for the passengers entertainment than it is for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts