5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6k cool white, 7000 lumens for lowbeam headlights - Highly Recommended. Easy installation, clean lighting output, weather & shockproof, slim compact design, low fan noise, and high quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
6k cool white, 7000 lumens for lowbeam headlights - Highly Recommended. Easy installation, clean lighting output, weather & shockproof, slim compact design, low fan noise, and high quality.
Well lets see some in action shots!

·
Registered
295 Posts
How is the cutoff to not blind oncoming drivers? Where is the hotsot? These were REALLY given bad remarks on the LED shootout video

Well lets see some in action shots!
Same, would like to see distance shots as well to see how they look down the road.

·
Registered
778 Posts
there is another member on here with these and he was pleased with them as well if I remember correctly. the LED video shootout gave them horrible reviews and even shot them I believe. however, I too watched the same video numerous times and their main objective is to sell headlights. so of course "their" winner was the most expensive one on the market. I am not saying it isn't a great bulb because people on here have those too and love them. but they tested all the bulbs in a truck headlight, and not on our specific car. so the bulbs will react differently in a different headlight. I have probably the least expensive bulbs in both of our Subarus, Beamtech H11 and 9005. for $72 a car I replaced the low and high beam bulbs and have been more than happy since I swapped from halogen. when these go out, they will replaced with the exact same thing.

·
Registered
521 Posts
there is another member on here with these and he was pleased with them as well if I remember correctly. the LED video shootout gave them horrible reviews and even shot them I believe. however, I too watched the same video numerous times and their main objective is to sell headlights. so of course "their" winner was the most expensive one on the market. I am not saying it isn't a great bulb because people on here have those too and love them. but they tested all the bulbs in a truck headlight, and not on our specific car. so the bulbs will react differently in a different headlight. I have probably the least expensive bulbs in both of our Subarus, Beamtech H11 and 9005. for $72 a car I replaced the low and high beam bulbs and have been more than happy since I swapped from halogen. when these go out, they will replaced with the exact same thing.
I paid $58.48 after the discount for buying both at once :p
Low Beam: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Philips...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

High Beam: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2xPhilips-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Their winner was the most expensive on the market based on the test that they ran, I think that it had nothing to do with price or a sponsorship. Their test was based on light cutoff, hot spot, and amount of light over stock halogen, and although their housing was not exactly ours a halogen reflector light housing works the same regardless of the type of vehicle...the only difference may be the age in the reflectors and the "shine" of them, which I would think would effect the lighting of both the halogen and LED the same. Hot spot and cutoff are important (to me at least) because I do not want to blind the cars ahead of me or the oncoming traffic, as much as I want bright lights so I can see while driving to work (I work nights) I do not want to be a hazard to the other people sharing the roadway with me. That being said I am more concerned about light 100ft, 200ft, (or more) in front of me then I am light output at the actual bulb itself. Brightness is good, but distance and light pattern mean more to me.

Although they will not last as long as LED I am more leaning towards the Philips crystal vision Xtreme or the OSRAM Night Breaker. The reason that I lean that way is because they are halogen bulbs, therefore they are what the housing is designed to maximize the light output of.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Their winner was the most expensive on the market based on the test that they ran, I think that it had nothing to do with price or a sponsorship. Their test was based on light cutoff, hot spot, and amount of light over stock halogen, and although their housing was not exactly ours a halogen reflector light housing works the same regardless of the type of vehicle...the only difference may be the age in the reflectors and the "shine" of them, which I would think would effect the lighting of both the halogen and LED the same. Hot spot and cutoff are important (to me at least) because I do not want to blind the cars ahead of me or the oncoming traffic, as much as I want bright lights so I can see while driving to work (I work nights) I do not want to be a hazard to the other people sharing the roadway with me. That being said I am more concerned about light 100ft, 200ft, (or more) in front of me then I am light output at the actual bulb itself. Brightness is good, but distance and light pattern mean more to me.

Although they will not last as long as LED I am more leaning towards the Philips crystal vision Xtreme or the OSRAM Night Breaker. The reason that I lean that way is because they are halogen bulbs, therefore they are what the housing is designed to maximize the light output of.
no, I get it man, to each their own. I'm not hating. the winning bulb in their test was awesome. there is a Moderator on here with them I believe, and he loves them. I am sure they are great and higher quality than most. I may try them myself one day.

the front end of the Sport model sits pretty low so I don't I think I am blinding anyone. I have never been "flashed" by oncoming drivers anyway. I pass a ton of cars with headlights way brighter than mine all the time.

I would be interested to see the output and range of the halogen bulbs you are choosing from as well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
actually just looked at those 2 bulbs you were thinking of. if it were me I would choose the Osram Night Breaker if you just had to use halogen. I think they will outperform the Phillips. I may be wrong but that would be my choice. I might even try a set if I can find them fairly inexpensive. I like to test stuff so swapping my Beamtech LED bulbs for these would be a worthwhile experiment if I can find them. maybe they are better for me, maybe not. we can only try them and see.

·
Registered
295 Posts
actually just looked at those 2 bulbs you were thinking of. if it were me I would choose the Osram Night Breaker if you just had to use halogen. I think they will outperform the Phillips. I may be wrong but that would be my choice. I might even try a set if I can find them fairly inexpensive. I like to test stuff so swapping my Beamtech LED bulbs for these would be a worthwhile experiment if I can find them. maybe they are better for me, maybe not. we can only try them and see.
That is kind of what I was thinking as well. I was considering getting a set off Amazon as well as a set of LEDs...put one in each side and see what lighting is like on my white garage door. Do it up close and then back down the driveway some and see how distance effects it. I live on a quiet street, may go for a drive and see how things were that way. Looks like a pair of the Nightbreaker Unlimited in H11 is $26.98 from Amazon, and we all know how nice their return policy is for things like this

·
Registered
521 Posts
That is kind of what I was thinking as well. I was considering getting a set off Amazon as well as a set of LEDs...put one in each side and see what lighting is like on my white garage door. Do it up close and then back down the driveway some and see how distance effects it. I live on a quiet street, may go for a drive and see how things were that way. Looks like a pair of the Nightbreaker Unlimited in H11 is $26.98 from Amazon, and we all know how nice their return policy is for things like this
You're in C-bus, right? I have LEDs. I'm in Marion, so maybe we could meet somewhere, maybe Delaware State Park, so you can test with my BEAMTECH lights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts