5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its too bad the current Sport trim model of the Impreza for the U.S does not have LED headlights as standard unless you chose the Limited model. I believe the Canadian version does have DRL and standard LEDs. So I gave my Impreza Sport some impressive LED lighting and satisfied with the results.

6K cool white/7000 lumens. Highly Recommend. High output clean crisp light, easy installation, weather/shockproof, slim durable compact design and long lasting. Purchased on Amazon

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Its too bad the current Sport trim model of the Impreza for the U.S does not have LED headlights as standard unless you chose the Limited model. I believe the Canadian version does have DRL and standard LEDs. So I gave my Impreza Sport some impressive LED lighting and satisfied with the results.

6K cool white/7000 lumens. Highly Recommend. High output clean crisp light, easy installation, weather/shockproof, slim durable compact design and long lasting. Purchased on Amazon
These fit in the original housing no problem? What about flicker did you need to add an anti flicker resistor or they work fine out of the box?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
What state do you live in? Need to be very careful using LED bulbs in cold weather as the headlights will freeze over in snow and rain due to the lack of heat from a standard style halogen or HID bulb. Factory led housings were designed to accommodate for this.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These fit in the original housing no problem? What about flicker did you need to add an anti flicker resistor or they work fine out of the box?[/QUOTE]

Yes they fit in the original housing without any problems. I had no issues as these LED bulbs are direct plug & play. They are durable and good quality.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What state do you live in? Need to be very careful using LED bulbs in cold weather as the headlights will freeze over in snow and rain due to the lack of heat from a standard style halogen or HID bulb. Factory led housings were designed to accommodate for this.
I live in California. The bulbs are rain resistance as well as shockproof. They seem to be in good quality and lots of great feedback reviews on amazon. They have stable and low noise of the cooling fan and I can barely hear them once on. They have also a improved heat control system built in. 2 year warranty for these LEDs.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Did you have to do any adjusting of the beam or was it pretty spot on being the car is new? I ask if they flicker cuz I know a lot of cars do so I was just wondering if I should order the flicker cancelers when I order the bulbs

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you have to do any adjusting of the beam or was it pretty spot on being the car is new? I ask if they flicker cuz I know a lot of cars do so I was just wondering if I should order the flicker cancelers when I order the bulbs
The beam pattern was for the most part spot on right out of the box. They instantly come on and only flicker for like 2 sec when turning off the headlights. It has a exclusive arc glass technology engineered around the CREE with the correct beam pattern to ensure no dark spots, short beams, and non linear beams.

I didn't had to make much adjustments aiming the lights. Its almost like my 2015 Corolla S Plus leds which came standard except 20% more brighter. The Opt7 LED kit pretty much gives everything you need as it also comes with the error-free ECM Capacitors. I am very pleased with these LEDs and had many good compliments.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The beam pattern was for the most part spot on right out of the box. They instantly come on and only flicker for like 2 sec when turning off the headlights. It has a exclusive arc glass technology engineered around the CREE with the correct beam pattern to ensure no dark spots, short beams, and non linear beams.

I didn't had to make much adjustments aiming the lights. Its almost like my 2015 Corolla S Plus leds which came standard except 20% more brighter. The Opt7 LED kit pretty much gives everything you need as it also comes with the error-free ECM Capacitors. I am very pleased with these LEDs and had many good compliments.
Ive always got flashed from oncoming traffics since I got these :p

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ive always got flashed from oncoming traffics since I got these :p
What state or country do you live? I guess it could depend....I havn't got flashed and many times where I passed by towards the police. The Opt7 LEDs has a even light pattern. I'm from California and I think LED or HID headlights has become sort of a trend here and many drivers are used to it since there everywhere on the road. It could also be how the lights are aimed/adjusted. I have seen worse esp I don't like if SUVs, buses, and trucks have bright LEDs since there ride height is higher and points towards the back of smaller cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in Oregon and, the road to my house is very dark at night so I guess thats the problem. I think my beam is kinda high up since I installed these... I don?t know if there is a way to re-position the LEDs??

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am glad that you like them. I had looked into these myself but after watching the video (linked below) I ended up not getting them. The video is right at 30 minutes and I thought was fairly objective with their review of the 15 LEDs that they used. The lights you have start at the 10 min 12 sec mark. PERSONALLY, the video is well worth the 30 minutes if you are looking at LEDs in a reflector housing. They show a halogen light and measure the light output and pattern, they then put a LED in the same housing and measure the light output and show what the pattern is. I learned a lot about lights

·
Registered
82 Posts
What state or country do you live? I guess it could depend....I havn't got flashed and many times where I passed by towards the police. The Opt7 LEDs has a even light pattern. I'm from California and I think LED or HID headlights has become sort of a trend here and many drivers are used to it since there everywhere on the road. It could also be how the lights are aimed/adjusted. I have seen worse esp I don't like if SUVs, buses, and trucks have bright LEDs since there ride height is higher and points towards the back of smaller cars.
I'm not sure why it would have anything to do with the state or country you live in. It's not a legal issue, it's a matter of being considerate and not blinding oncoming motorists.

It seriously irks me when people put lights on their cars that are dazzling* to other motorists. Tremendously inconsiderate and self serving.

*"dazzling" is the term used in New York State law to describe headlights that are too bright for oncoming motorists.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So far, LED headlights in my Sport is the BEST investment that I have made. I decided on StreetGlow, mostly because of their reviews and 3 year warranty.

XHPH116K

Before and after pics really don't do them justice. I can say it felt like a 100x improvement, and literally took a flat head screw driver and 15 minutes of work.

·
Registered
778 Posts
can you guys who switched to LED bulbs show where you mounted the drivers? i am considering this upgrade in my wife's Impreza and my Crosstrek but i want to make sure i get the right one and they don't clutter up the engine compartment.

·
Registered
778 Posts
so i watched the above video twice and it seems as they favor 2 out of the 14 or so they tried. now, i am not saying they are wrong in their choices. but even the worst ones they tried seem like an improvement over stock. i get the numbers they tell us, but the dingy yellow light from the stock bulbs suck! so a bulb that is only say 30% better than stock is still, well, better than stock! ****, i have Sylvania SilverStar zXe bulbs in my wife's Impreza now and they are much improved over stock. i had SilverStar Ultra's in my Crosstrek for over a year until they burned out last week and those were way better than stock too. but that is the problem with those, they only last about a year. that is why i am thinking of going to LEDs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts