5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Sport Hatch
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Pulled the trigger on "Light Bar" from SSD with Hella lights and I am impressed with it so far!
I installed it last night. It came with all the instructions needed for lights and the bar. Very easy to follow. I would recommend having a plastic fastener remover and having extra clips laying around! The ones along the fender and bottom of bumper get bridle FAST. The ones up top were fine. Having a hoist definitely makes the job a lot easier

Second picture is after getting the bumper cover off, removing the foam energy absorber and reaming out the holes in bumper slightly to make hardware fit. You will have to use something to trim the foam energy absorber. Be careful with it as to it is fragile and I broke one of the "dowel Pin" pieces that hold it to the bumper. Luckily I had it trimmed tight enough it will hold itself on.

Third photo in, It started to cool off after I got the bumper mounted, so I left the hoist and went to the garage to run electrical stuff. the easiest way I found to get into the cab is to pull the drivers inner fender (just another crap ton of plastic fasteners) and go through the same grommet that the hood latch follows. In this photo you are looking towards the battery area from the tire.

This next photo is from the front looking towards the grommet for the hood latch, cable. I removed it easily and ran my electrical wires through easily with a guide cable. This was all before securing anything. You can see I ran it along the hood latch cable so it didn't hang too bad.

Dash Photo wise. I went to my local dealer and had them order two switches and I can put in these blank spots. One switch will be a Ordinary on off, Which I will have to figure out when those come in. I just have them on cheap two positions as of now (Running of relays of course)
My second switch will be a high beam on off switch. So if I have the switch on, my lights will go on and off with my high beams. If I shut it off they will not work with my high beams. I like this as I drive in lots of different situations and I feel it will benefit me.
By the way, If you want to remove the switches below. The WHOLE assembly comes out as one. There are three clips. One on the sides and one on the bottom. Push the tab in and then push the whole thing out.

Finished Product

Haven't had time for a photoshoot yet!

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Sport Hatch
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lights. Come in packs of 2
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TWD5KU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SSD

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Sport Hatch
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love a detailed install post. Looks great.
Thanks! Just got a call that the switches came in at subaru today. So all I have left of this project is to figure out how the subaru push button switches are laid out then I can put them in place of the cheap switches I have now so everything looks factory

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.