5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 base impreza came out of the factory with no fog lights. How hard will it be to install fog lights on it? Do I need extra switches? Or do I need to cut a hole on the firewall etc?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a base impreza too. It is my understanding that most of the wiring is already inplace from factory. You just need bezel, lights and switch. (mebbie also a relay to plug in)

There are COMPLETE 'kits' available

examples ==>

BEWARE: Some companies (ie Diode Dynamics) claim to sell a "fog light kit" but it only contains different light bulbs. (not the bezel, relays and switch) These 'kits' are only intended for Impreza which ALREADY has foglights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2019 base impreza came out of the factory with no fog lights. How hard will it be to install fog lights on it? Do I need extra switches? Or do I need to cut a hole on the firewall etc?
I have a 19 Premium and just recently installed fog lights. Great addition. Do know that they only work when the headlights are on, meaning they are not an independent light. You'll have to do some splicing and what not for that, nothing a YouTube video or 2 shouldn't show. I actually plan on doing that for mine today!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts