5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get a direct answer. I'm trying to figure out if I can eventually purchase the full headlamp housing from the Limited Trim (the ones with the boomerang and projector lamps) and install those into my Sport trim?

I can't see why it can't be done, the bodies are identical in everyway, but I can't seem to get confirmation on this. Some have stated that the wiring is different so it wouldn't work but I am still skeptical.

Even going to parts.subaru gives me zero options on the 2017 Impreza for ANY parts, so I'm curious if this will be an option and if so, when!?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can't seem to get a direct answer. I'm trying to figure out if I can eventually purchase the full headlamp housing from the Limited Trim (the ones with the boomerang and projector lamps) and install those into my Sport trim?

I can't see why it can't be done, the bodies are identical in everyway, but I can't seem to get confirmation on this. Some have stated that the wiring is different so it wouldn't work but I am still skeptical.

Even going to parts.subaru gives me zero options on the 2017 Impreza for ANY parts, so I'm curious if this will be an option and if so, when!?

Thanks guys!
I would love to do this as well, in addition to the foglights. Let me know if you find out any data, I'm going to the dealer this weekend to pickup my base and will ask too.

The limited looks like its in a class of it's own, and frankly it's misleading that almost ALL image searchs of the new impreza show the limited trim....

·
Registered
98 Posts
I kind of wish they offered the Limited with Sport seats - that'd basically have been exactly what I wanted. I guess I'd lose out on the active torque vectoring, though. I'm not sure how much that actually matters without a more powerful engine.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I kind of wish they offered the Limited with Sport seats - that'd basically have been exactly what I wanted. I guess I'd lose out on the active torque vectoring, though. I'm not sure how much that actually matters without a more powerful engine.
it improves cornering ability
for most people that will matter even in day to day driving since who's really buying one of these to drive like a normal person :D

i'm actually looking forward to throw it around even in some of the turns i come across on my daily commutes, one reason i take backroads when possible

·
Registered
730 Posts

Thanks guys!
The "bodies" on the outside are identical but I imagine the wiring harness would have different connections vs the halogens, since they are adaptive & LED but maybe visit your local dealers parts department. Perhaps they can check this out for you. I do like the LED adaptive headlights but the price tag will be up there I bet :-(

·
Registered
59 Posts
..but I imagine the wiring harness would have different connections vs the halogens, since they are adaptive & LED ...
The more I think about this possible mod , the more I have to agree with this.

Definitely something I need to discuss with someone who knows what they're talking about.

·
Registered
730 Posts

Definitely something I need to discuss with someone who knows what they're talking about.
Just go to your local Subie dealer's parts department. They should know the answer & if they don't then maybe they can find out by comparing the headlights if they have them in stock. If that doesn't work then try contacting Subie directly by email. Wish I could be more helpful.

·
Registered
730 Posts

Found these images on the Subaru parts website. As you can see on the bottom right of each image, this looks to me like the wiring harness but I could be wrong. The first image is the halogens & second the LED's.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts

Image is of the halogen headlight body. Couldn't find anything on the LED Adaptive version but it'll give you an idea of what your looking at.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts