Using Progressive, full coverage.
Standard options, 100,000/300,000
$250 deductible
6 month rate of $177.63
Same with or without a loan.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's so cheap! Where about do you live?
Insurance rates differ depending on where you live and mine is generally around 1.5-2k a year.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is for North Dakota, but I might be moving to Arizona in the near future.
I was surprised when I ran the qote through Progressive. It's only 0.64 higher than what I am paying now.
I have to call Progressive for the Arizona quote. Can't do it for a different state online.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New rate from Progressive

Just put in the insurance change for my 2017 Impreza Premium. Originally when I did a rate request, it was only going to be 0.77 higher than what I was paying now, $177 every six months. However, that was before I had a VIN # for the new vehicle. Now that I have the car, I used the actual VIN for the insurance and it was higher. Only $47 higher, but higher regardless. So that brings my six month rate for full coverage to $224. That's with a 16% Progressive SnapShot discount, but I'll be re-doing that later to try for the 30%.

So just letting everyone know that through Progressive at least, the insurance rate increased when a quote was requested with a VIN # then before when I didn't have one yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmm, I really like the terms of your insurance company because $ 170 a month is really profitable. I recently insured Toyota Corolla 2007 in generalliabilityinsure.com and I have to pay about $ 260 a month. I understand that it is not very expensive and that I have a contract with a pretty reliable company, but it is more than 170 and besides we have almost the same model. What is the name of your company ??

·
Banned
141 Posts
I don’t remember the exact numbers, but I do know it was $30 a month cheaper than my Veloster Turbo R-Spec. The Subaru was pretty dang cheap.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yours is way cheaper than mine here in PA. This is a good reminder to compare rates once in a while. I have Hartford through AARP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am an Independent insurance agent in Michigan. Although Subaru are great, safe cars,,, WRX drivers are 2.8 times more likely to have a DUI and 1.8 times more likely to have speeding tickets than the average driver.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am an Independent insurance agent in Michigan. Although Subaru are great, safe cars,,, WRX drivers are 2.8 times more likely to have a DUI and 1.8 times more likely to have speeding tickets than the average driver.
As long as we are talking insurance, how much does age enter the equation. Will the rate be the same for someone who is 77 as compared to someone who is 27, same location?

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
699 Posts
All I can say is, once your kids reach driving age all bets are off. Mine almost doubled...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts