5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I installed a new intake on my 2020 Impreza, and now the air intake duct no longer stays secure inside, is that something that is necessary or can I just leave it off?

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,226 Posts
There should be two plastic fasteners holding it in at those rubber grommet holes on the radiator support beam. The other end is just a slip fit into the air-box. I think you should leave it on there because the air it grabs is in front of the radiator where it's closer to ambient temperatures rather than the air that's closer to the motor. That spot will be warmer, more so in traffic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that’s what I have holding it in place now, but since the old intake system isn't there anymore, the front end of it has nothing to hold it in place anymore. so it bounces around in the front.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,226 Posts
I see, I suppose it may add cooler air to that area if that's where the intake starts. Hard to say without a pic of how it looks now. If you want to keep it there, which personally I would if the new intake is in the area, I'd maybe add some velcro on the underside to keep it more secure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts