5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2017 Impreza sport Sedan, it has a HPS cold intake I’m returning because it sucks, K&N is better. The BRZ have a sick Red metal. Manifold when we got a black plastic one. Anyone know if we can swap or buy for the 17 Impreza?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not that I know of. Because of lack of potential with this engine, there is limited aftermarket support. I don't like plastic manifolds either, but more and more manufacturers are going that route.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Since there is lack of potential with this FB20D engine, I have to assume you are just going for the "bling". In that case, you can remove the intake-manifold and have it prepped/painted any color you wish.

·
Registered
2017 Toyota 86, 2020 Impreza
43 Posts
The FA20 while similar has a new block, heads etc. It may bolt up but nobody has attempted it. The mounting for the throttle body would need to be the same as well.

Beyond adding engine bling you won't see any performance benefits.
There is no performance benefit from the 13-16 FA20 black top plastic manifld vs the 17-20 FA20 redtop aluminum.

Some on FT86CLUB will argue you get more heat soak from aluminum than plastic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well, thank you boys for the help. I have the 2017 Impreza sport, with a custom dual exhaust straight piped from resonator back, if you looking to make this car loud as you can go that way, I believe. I’ve seen all these exhaust for our cars on yt and they don’t sound as loud or rumble as nice.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Why are folks talking about the FA20 engine? ..... I thought the gen5 Impreza has the FB20D.

The FB20D engine is designed from the ground up for efficiency... this is why asking it to make more power has poor results. (The block was made with minimal aluminum and is not very strong)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts