5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my first Subaru, a 17 Impreza wagon (hatchback?) Premium, perl white with ivory interior Feb 27 - 2 days ago. Wanted a hatch as I had sold my 02 Mazda Protégé 5 in 2012 and have then had big load delivery issues while using a sedan. Equipped with just the right stuff - butt warmers, all wheel drive, Homelink, all weather mats, splash guards, cargo tray. Got a "free" bumper protector as the originally priced car (sold 2 hours before I got there!) did not have it and they stuck to the original price agreement on a substitute car. Got a good deal, about $500 below invoice using the "internet salesperson", no fuss - just a test drive once we found the car on the lot and a handshake on the trade-in. Well below the Edmunds and Kelly Blue Book numbers - I wonder why? Is the Pittsburgh winter over? Of course the closer person had to spend unnecessary time with pushing add-ons like paint protection, extended warranties, VIN etching, etc. but at least she was not annoying and it went fairly quickly even though the list of these things is huge. Paid cash so we didn't have the finance discussion point. Be aware of the high priced decreasing-term life insurance on a car loan; that was a got-ya in the past.

An interesting buying experience - car dealer found me (or I him?) through one of the pop up ads while I was running a computer web browser! Boom! A picture of the car, short description and a low price with a click here to get an even lower price. I guess I had visited Edmunds or something - Big Brother is out there. Whew, quick as that. Next time I bet Amazon will have UPS deliver it by drone - or maybe the self driving car by then delivers itself?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts