5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

Would you be interested in any of these items for your car?

• Center console drop-in tray with cutout (for 12v access)

Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Center console drop-in tray without cutout

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Phones (2) and pens holder (3), fits cup in holder

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Coffee / fountain cup holder, fits cup in holder

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I might have a special request

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Non of these, but maybe interested in some future design

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I don't want any of this stuff

Votes: 3 6.0%
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been making 3D printed parts for my car for a little over a year, but up until now I could really only make them for myself because the printer and materials weren't mine. I've fixed that detail and finally have my own printer and supplies. I'm now working out the setup a bit. My question is, would there be interest in any of these items? They are slow to make, but I think I have decent usable designs for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
what are they? I don't mean to sound dumb, just not sure what they are?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trays fit under the center console arm rest. Subaru doesn't offer a drop in tray for the 5th Gen and I wanted one. The other items are fillers for the cup holders to make them useful for other things.

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes 2 of us. Oh, I see, the answer is at the top in the poll.
I didn't realize the first post was up before I finished making the poll.

·
Registered
778 Posts
yeah the poll wasn't up at first. but now that I know what it is, yeah I like it. what kinda price you thinking? can you make them in black to match?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have black, white, and silver ABS and the black is a good color match for the black ABS that Subaru used for the interior parts. I also have some gold on order. Is color match important for the tray? That is only visible when the arm rest is up. I'm thinking $35 for tray, $25 for phone holder, and $20 for cup holder. Shipping cost is extra. My intent is to have batches made before taking orders because parts are slow to make (half day) and there will be some scrap. Just to be clear, 3D printed parts do have printing flaws in them. They aren't perfect like mass produced injection molded parts. But they also have a 'cool' factor because some weird stuff can be made. At least I think it's pretty cool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honestly been dying for a center console tray. Definitely would be interested. Unfortunately all the image links in this thread are broken for me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The attachments are broken for me as well.
I'd be interested in these as well. :smile2:

_

@CJ I think someone has an older model center tray in their car but it doesn't fit exactly like it should.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The previous gen had edges in the opening for a center tray to hang from, 5th get does not.

CJ,

Does your car have eyesight? On my non-eyesight car it looks like there's plenty of space to add a sunglasses holder in front of the roof console. Either black or silver would probably be best for there.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The attachments are broken for me as well.
I'd be interested in these as well. /forum/images/Impreza5/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
The pictures uploaded fine, and I can see them both on computer and phone. I don't have a photo hosting account right now, but will look into one.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Those look great man! You should approach a company that makes them with your design and programming and make a deal with them.

·
Administrator
772 Posts
Seems like there is some good interest in this. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
25 Posts
New Member here.... first post.

I love those Trays. They should also fit the 18 Crosstreks too wouldn't they?

Wife has an 18 Crosstrek and I have the 18 5G Sedan.

I'd definitely take 2 of them.

thx

Marty

·
Registered
778 Posts
the cupholder with 2 phone slots, what phones will it fit? I have an iPhone 6s Plus. if it will fit those, I would be interested in one for sure.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts