5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have encountered perhaps the most frustrating thing ever to me. When I turn my car off, it doesn't resume playing the ipod where it left off. It goes directly to the radio. :crying:

Additionally, it seems to take forever to "Index" the ipod. And it does it each and every time the car is turned on.

Surely there has to be a feature to enable auto-resume on the ipod. Anyone have any experience here, our could offer some advice?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, i found a setting that makes the ipod autoplay. but the issue is that if i'm on the radio, and then turn the car off, it goes right to playing the ipod instead of going back to the last setting.

Kinda odd, that something a 12 year old car can do, this cant....

Also, looks like my system software version os Rel1.17.08.20

Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, i found a setting that makes the ipod autoplay. but the issue is that if i'm on the radio, and then turn the car off, it goes right to playing the ipod instead of going back to the last setting.
Wait, am I understanding correct? If you turn the car off while playing the iPod and turn it back on it defaults to the radio, but if you manually switch from the iPod to the radio before turning the car off it will default to the iPod when you restart?? That's insane if correct.

I thought my Prius was bad enough in that it defaults to my USB media upon restart no matter what I was listening to (or even if all music was off) when the car was turned off.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wait, am I understanding correct? If you turn the car off while playing the iPod and turn it back on it defaults to the radio, but if you manually switch from the iPod to the radio before turning the car off it will default to the iPod when you restart?? That's insane if correct.

I thought my Prius was bad enough in that it defaults to my USB media upon restart no matter what I was listening to (or even if all music was off) when the car was turned off.
I think he means that when he changes one of the system's settings, to auto start playing a USB device, when detected: plugged in or when system is turned on, it will start playing that device, regardless if you were playing the usb device or not before shutting it off.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Additionally, it seems to take forever to "Index" the ipod. And it does it each and every time the car is turned on.
yes, that's normal. the system re-index the usb device and re-read it to see if there are any changes - songs added or deleted, tags changed etc.

I use a 32GB USB 2.0 Sandisk flash drive and it is very fast. the wait time for the indexing is very short. I can start playing almost immediately. I assume your iPod USB controller is probably slow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think he means that when he changes one of the system's settings, to auto start playing a USB device, when detected: plugged in or when system is turned on, it will start playing that device, regardless if you were playing the usb device or not before shutting it off.
That makes sense. I will see if I can find this setting because this is better than what we have to do now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That makes sense. I will see if I can find this setting because this is better than what we have to do now.
I think it is annoying. I tried it, but realized I don't always want to play music from the usb drive right away. It's always plugged in, so the system will always start playing from it. Not only that, but if you connect your phone via B.T, the system will switch to it right away because it is also a media device that was plugged in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda.

If the setting "USB Device Automatically Play" setting is enabled, no matter what setting it was on previously (XM, FM, AM) before the car is turned off it reverts to the USB when the car is turned on. This feature is in the Settings -> General -> USB Device Automatically Play.

If you don't have that setting enabled, the car turns the XM/FM/AM radio on when it is turned on even if you were previously listening to a USB Media device.

My 2009 Civic "remembered" where you were in media when the car was turned off. For instance, if you turned the car off and you were on an iPod playlist, the car came on in iPod mode. If you were in AM/FM mode when the car was turned off (but still had the iPod plugged into USB), it used AM/FM when the car is started.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts