5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
368 Posts
I never thought about it really but I believe it is. Many motors have other dampeners to restrict motor motion besides the motor mounts. I've seen ones on transverse motors but they are usually lower down and shaped more like a doughnut. I've also seen little mini shock like setups. I think the location of the pitch mount on a Subaru is unique due to the flat style of the motor like you say. I have a Kartboy Pitch Mount to install, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never thought about it really but I believe it is. Many motors have other dampeners to restrict motor motion besides the motor mounts. I've seen ones on transverse motors but they are usually lower down and shaped more like a doughnut. I've also seen little mini shock like setups. I think the location of the pitch mount on a Subaru is unique due to the flat style of the motor like you say. I have a Kartboy Pitch Mount to install, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
That's one of the things that drew me to this Subaru Impreza, something a little different in a sea of sameness.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The location of it on the Impreza is new to me, but not the shape or usage. My 93 Pontiac Grand Am had one. My wifes Honda CRV has two, front of engine to upper radiator support. Parent's 03 Monte Carlo as well. [Edit to add: Its been I while since I was under to hood on it and I had to check, but my 86 Pontiac Fiero has one as well.] While its referred to as the pitch stop for Subaru, I've previously known them as torque strut or "dogbone" mount. And these are all in addition to the traditional under and side motor mounts, all with the purpose of minimizing engine rock in the front-to-rear directional plane.

I actually had difficulties looking one up for the Impreza until I learned it was referred to as pitch stop in someone else's post on the forum, I was still searching for the other terms I had known.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The location of it on the Impreza is new to me, but not the shape or usage. My 93 Pontiac Grand Am had one. My wifes Honda CRV has two, front of engine to upper radiator support. Parent's 03 Monte Carlo as well. [Edit to add: Its been I while since I was under to hood on it and I had to check, but my 86 Pontiac Fiero has one as well.] While its referred to as the pitch stop for Subaru, I've previously known them as torque strut or "dogbone" mount. And these are all in addition to the traditional under and side motor mounts, all with the purpose of minimizing engine rock in the front-to-rear directional plane.

I actually had difficulties looking one up for the Impreza until I learned it was referred to as pitch stop in someone else's post on the forum, I was still searching for the other terms I had known.
I was going to mention that every fwd gm car i have ever owned usually had some combination of them, startingway back with an 87 celebrity.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,913 Posts
Wouldn't Porsches have them since they have flat engines?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
368 Posts
I'm not sure we had about 6 VWs with flat engines growing up and I worked on them, I don't remember seeing it in there. Not beetles but fastbacks and wagons. I haven't seen a lot of Porsche motors up close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts