5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my radio comes on everytime i start the car is this normal also i have the dead battery issue longer than three days its a gonner. goin to dealer on sept 12th or sooner by flat bed really dissapointed bought car for my daughter to take to college and she had to call roadside twice so far in 2 weeks

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Yes it's normal for the radio to be on when you start the car.

There are currently no recalls on the infotainment system.

When did you buy the car? There were a batch of bad batteries earlier this year in some Impreza models. Maybe you have one of them?

·
Registered
32 Posts
there is service bulletin or what not for a radio update. if you search and can format a thumb drive you can reflash your infotainment yourself. It fixed all the connection issues I was having, had too close all apps before pairing my phone is finicky too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, difficult to turn off radio. Not consistent, but if I push- and- hold the on/off button, AND turn the volume level to zero, the screen will go black. (I think I've seen this work for me over multiple car restarts.) Starlink is absolutely no good for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There appears to be a service bulletin or something on the amplifier.

At my 15,000 mile service I mentioned that I had been repeatedly startled by what sounded like a rock hitting the drivers side door, and thought it was from the speakers. This seemed familiar and I was told there was a notice out on it; My writeup says "Open TSB Amp Ordered", and I was told it would be replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
320 Posts
There appears to be a service bulletin or something on the amplifier.

At my 15,000 mile service I mentioned that I had been repeatedly startled by what sounded like a rock hitting the drivers side door, and thought it was from the speakers. This seemed familiar and I was told there was a notice out on it; My writeup says "Open TSB Amp Ordered", and I was told it would be replaced under warranty.
I had a similar noise recently, not sure if it was before or after I had some static coming out of the driver dash speaker (I have the upgraded H/K system) and I don't know if that noise wasn't just a rock bouncing off the underside of the car. They were going to replace that speaker since they couldn't reproduce the exact issue (the static went away before i brought it in), but when I brought it back for replacement they were able to identify the issue as the amplifier unit since the static had returned. They didn't have to replace the whole head unit, just the amp.

I don't think that'd work with the other versions since I think it's only the upgraded system that has an external amp so I'm not sure if we're all referring to the same thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here but my 2017 WRX has terrible sound coming from the 2 dash speakers that are supposed to be tweeters? It seems to me that there's no filtering and they can't handle all the frequencies going to them or something. Called my dealership and first red flag was the service rep didn't know what TSB was, second she said I would have to bring the car in and couldn't talk to an actual tech to see what they thought. I have the base model head unit and was wondering if there's any updates for it. Took a picture of current version.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
All of the head units have an update available regardless of model. Keep in mind that the head unit in the 17 WRX is different, I believe, than what is in the 17 Impreza.

·
Registered
135 Posts
How I wish this car had a regular radio with just Bluetooth or an Aux Jack. My wife canceled plans to trade in her 2015 Forester after learning she had the last year of a regular radio. Mine has been perfect, just don’t like all the extra stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts