5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The screens dim based on whether its actually dark, not based on the headlights. This means you can drive around with headlights on without losing visibility of the screen.

Related to that, the screen on the infotainment is the best i've seen for polarised sunglasses on any car.

The change to 5km/h increments on the cruise control is far more useful than my outback with 10Kmh.

Anything else?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Eyesight (if equipped) nudging you to move when the car ahead moves and you're too busy texting to pay attention... I seriously love that feature! No one has honked at me since I've owned this car!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Anything that makes my driving and texting experience better is a golden feature for me ;)

But seriously, a system that doesn't dim based on headlights being on and off is something that should have been thought about years ago!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Eyesight (if equipped) nudging you to move when the car ahead moves and you're too busy texting to pay attention... I seriously love that feature! No one has honked at me since I've owned this car!
Anything that makes my driving and texting experience better is a golden feature for me ;)

But seriously, a system that doesn't dim based on headlights being on and off is something that should have been thought about years ago!!
I am shaking my head at both of you :laugh:

How do you find the centre mounted beer holders? That seem fine for bottles, but too deep for cans >:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
For me it's the approach lighting on my Limited with keyless ignition. Really useful for sure, but also just a bit of a wow factor. For those not familiar, the puddle lights (in the mirrors), dome lights and at night, LED DRLs, all turn on when your key gets close enough to allow the touch-to-unlock.

I do wish it activated a bit further away, but that's obviously a safety thing since it uses the same proximity key as the lock / unlock functions. Also wish it would still activate when the car is unlocked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought Impreza 5dr premium in red on Saturday. Great car so far!

Does anyone's trunk lid pop open slightly when the trunk lid button on the key fob is pressed? The sales guy told me it was only for power lift gates on the Forester/Outback but I thought it would at least open the trunk a crack, just like sedans of yore.

Also noticed that the tach and speedometer can be hard to read in shadows without headlights on. Seems like a bulb is out or I have something turned down or off. Any suggested fixes?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Bought Impreza 5dr premium in red on Saturday. Great car so far!

Does anyone's trunk lid pop open slightly when the trunk lid button on the key fob is pressed? The sales guy told me it was only for power lift gates on the Forester/Outback but I thought it would at least open the trunk a crack, just like sedans of yore.

Also noticed that the tach and speedometer can be hard to read in shadows without headlights on. Seems like a bulb is out or I have something turned down or off. Any suggested fixes?
Welcome to the forum. I never use the key fob to lock/unlock tbh. I use my finger on the door handles/trunk button most of the time. Regarding the dash lights, you can lower or higher the dash display lights using the selector near the TRC button.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I never use the key fob to lock/unlock tbh. I use my finger on the door handles/trunk button most of the time. Regarding the dash lights, you can lower or higher the dash display lights using the selector near the TRC button.
I find reliably that the doors unlock as my hand is reaching for the handle. But getting the doors to lock involves standing just so, maybe swiveling a bit, a funny tango and 4 or 5 seconds before it locks. Sometimes I get bored and reach for the fob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've found the adaptive cruise control to be the feature I like the best. I use it all the time when commuting to work. Handles slow traffic nicely as long as it doesn't come to a complete stop. You do have to be careful when there is merging traffic. It doesn't seem to notice cars until they are completely in the lane. Also, careful when coming up on stopped traffic. It doesn't look far enough ahead and will keep doing 65MPH until it's right on top of the stopped cars ahead of it. Maybe it will handle that and stop in time but I've never had the nerve to find out. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've found the adaptive cruise control to be the feature I like the best. I use it all the time when commuting to work. Handles slow traffic nicely as long as it doesn't come to a complete stop. You do have to be careful when there is merging traffic. It doesn't seem to notice cars until they are completely in the lane. Also, careful when coming up on stopped traffic. It doesn't look far enough ahead and will keep doing 65MPH until it's right on top of the stopped cars ahead of it. Maybe it will handle that and stop in time but I've never had the nerve to find out. :)
Agreed on all points.
Highway driving is a bit of an art and the Eyesight can only do so much.
The merging traffic is an issue on two fronts:
1) As you mentioned, the Eyesight doesn't seem to recognize the vehicle until it's completely in front of you; consequently, when a vehicle is leaving your lane, the Eyesight doesn't speed up until the car is completely out of the lane. This becomes somewhat awkward as I'm sure you've experienced.
2) If a vehicle wants to merge into your lane, the Eyesight doesn't know that. You have to be the judge about slowing down or speeding up and letting them in. That's where human intervention comes into play.

I don't want to drive like a complete A-hole. If you rely solely on Eyesight, you may come across as such, and potentially worse, as aggressive. The abrupt slowdown from 65 mph is a great example of that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts