5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got an iPhone because both my wife and son have them. Anyway with my Android I never connected to the car via wire because all I wanted was calls and texts. Everything worked fine and I was happy.

Now with the iPhone I have to go through Siri to make a text and the talking from the phone doesn't come through the car speaker when I am setting up the text so it is hard to hear it from my phone. For instance I hold the button on the steering wheel and say "text Joseph" and Siri answers me on the phone, not the car speaker.

Hopefully this post is understood, does anyone else have this problem? Is there a setting I am not doing correctly?

Thanks.

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
So, I got an iPhone because both my wife and son have them. Anyway with my Android I never connected to the car via wire because all I wanted was calls and texts. Everything worked fine and I was happy.

Now with the iPhone I have to go through Siri to make a text and the talking from the phone doesn't come through the car speaker when I am setting up the text so it is hard to hear it from my phone. For instance I hold the button on the steering wheel and say "text Joseph" and Siri answers me on the phone, not the car speaker.

Hopefully this post is understood, does anyone else have this problem? Is there a setting I am not doing correctly?

Thanks.
Never dealt with trying to text through the car. Only really take calls. I can test mine some point and check it out.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine is the same way, with the sound going through the phone. The only way the sound goes through the car is if it is connected via carplay. Hopefully, it is just a software issue, but I usually plug in my phone anyway so I get all of the sounds through the car. And bike tires on a car sounds like a bad idea.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use Car Play for everything, music, phone, messaging and navigaition. Quite happy, it’s the way things should work. Everything comes through the speakers. I don’t mind having to plug the phone, my trip back and forth from work is sufficient to keep it charged so I don’t have to bother with worrying about that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You have it plugged into the right USB in the middle console right? If so then plug it in and press settings on the radio and see if there is speaker setting for calls.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured out how to get the volume to come through the speakers louder when I am creating a text via bluetooth, just turn the volume on the stereo way up.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have it plugged into the right USB in the middle console right? If so then plug it in and press settings on the radio and see if there is speaker setting for calls.
Nope I just do the bluetooth.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nope I just do the bluetooth.
Gotcha this is why apple car play features where it integrates your google maps and apps from your phone is only turned on when you plug the usb in the phone and then into the usb in the middle console. I think bluetooth should activate it but it doesn't :/

·
Registered
156 Posts
My iPhone works fine via Bluetooth or CarPlay. Calls and texts, music, navigation, all go through the car speakers. Not sure if theres a setting on the Phone to chose the audio source for Siri and such.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts