5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we decided after dinner this evening to ride by our local Subaru dealer, which is only about 8 miles from our house. We went to look at the new CrossTrek just to have something to do. We went after closing so we didn't waste their time since we are just looking. While there we looked at a few WRXs and a couple Imprezas. They even had a WRX parked right next to a new Impreza Sport. So, me being me, I start looking at the hoods...I honestly believe the WRX hood will bolt up to the new Impreza. I didn't take any measurements because I didn't have a tape measure with me, but from what I could tell, I really think it would work. So that got me thinking about the one post on here of someone who made a post and didn't say anything else, and it is entirely possible he did use a WRX hood on his Impreza sedan. I know, not a truly captivating story, but I thought it would be cool to share.

Also while there we spotted something on the used lot that you just don't see that often, at least not around here anyway. A 2014 WRX STI Hatchback! This car was clean as a whip and has very low mileage, 42K. There was no price on it so we looked online when we got home and WOW! $29,599! This car held it's value exceptionally well I'd say! We have wanted a WRX hatch since they stopped making them and we thought maybe we had stumbled upon one this evening, but this one is out of our price range at the moment. Not saying it isn't worth it, but with our daughter getting her license in a year and going to college the following year, we just can't pull the trigger.

Hope ya'll did something fun today!

Reactions: Arcane_Ell

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Personally if I was going to purchase a WRX I would buy a brand new one. My thinking on that is, the types of people who purchase the WRX. People who tend to buy a WRX tend to be young male car enthusiasts. The chances that the car is not going to be modified are very low and the chances that the car is not going to be driven very hard are very low.

As far as the hoods being the same I don't think it would work. The new global platform is not the same as the WRX (yet). This is just an opinion though I really have no idea.

When you first started with your story I thought that you were going to say that you decided to trade your car back in for a new CrossTrek! lol

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally if I was going to purchase a WRX I would buy a brand new one. My thinking on that is, the types of people who purchase the WRX. People who tend to buy a WRX tend to be young male car enthusiasts. The chances that the car is not going to be modified are very low and the chances that the car is not going to be driven very hard are very low.

As far as the hoods being the same I don't think it would work. The new global platform is not the same as the WRX (yet). This is just an opinion though I really have no idea.

When you first started with your story I thought that you were going to say that you decided to trade your car back in for a new CrossTrek! lol
HaHa, no. We already own a 2016 Crosstrek so I wouldn't trade my wife's Impreza for a new one. Now, with that said, she would trade in a heart beat for what she really wanted. A new Impreza Sport 5dr in White with 5 speed and the STI parts on it. When we bought our Impreza last December we would have had to order what she wanted and she didn't wanna wait. But we are still very please with our 2017 Impreza.

Believe it or not, the 2014 STI we looked at is completely stock. I was surprised too honestly. But you are right, the people that tend to buy those usually run them pretty hard. I mean, that is what they are for, right?

Yeah I am not 100% sure the hoods would fit, but just looking at them with the naked eye, it "might". It would be cool if it did, other than you would get water all over your engine with the hood scoop being open when it rains. Our Imprezas would look bad ass with that hood though...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think I may trade to the STI when the new platform arrives and gets a few miles on it. My dogs dont like the wagon they want to drive in the big diesel truck to go for chick filet

:)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But you don't know if it had a ton of after market parts on it and the owner took it back to stock to sell it.
you are correct sir. we decided to pass on it strictly due to the price. if it has been around $22-24K, we probably would be driving it home tomorrow. but i just can't pay that for a used one. we can get a base WRX for around $25K and would have a full warranty and no miles. we still have a full year before our daughter gets her actual license and will be taking my Crosstrek, so we will see what happens. more than likely i will take my wife Impreza Sport and order her a white one like she wanted to start with. we can have 2 of the same cars sitting in the garage right???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts