5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new Impreza 2022 premium hatchback for around $23,908.Should be here next week.
People who have owned the 2022 or older for some time, How is the car. This is my first subi and wanted to join the AWD party. What are the pros and cons of owning an Impreza hatchback?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve only got 2k on mine, but love it so far. Started doing some mods to make it my own. Not my first Subaru, but first I decided to play with. The only thing I’m not thrilled with is I’d love more cargo space, but I didn’t see a reason to go with an Outback for my needs.
I went with the ocean blue color because my truck is blue, my motorcycle is blue and I just thought it would be fitting. I did get the package 14 that has the keyless access and push button start, so I’m loving the remote start with the my Subaru app. It nice to not get into a cold car after work. Can’t wait to see what you do to make it your own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the AWD party! Oh yeah you’ll notice the AWD difference. I have the manual 2020 sport with 18k and I have had no problems so far. It is very fun. I have so much pleasure revving this thing up because it just rolls away so swiftly. Sure, 0-60 takes at least 10 seconds, but it accelerates enough to match highway speed, I really don’t worry at all about power. I really love this car that I kind of have difficulty pointing out any huge cons. Maybe the low clearance when going over steep inclines/bumps, but that also means you have better control of your vehicle in tight curves… Let me know of your experience.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the AWD party! Oh yeah you’ll notice the AWD difference. I have the manual 2020 sport with 18k and I have had no problems so far. It is very fun. I have so much pleasure revving this thing up because it just rolls away so swiftly. Sure, 0-60 takes at least 10 seconds, but it accelerates enough to match highway speed, I really don’t worry at all about power. I really love this car that I kind of have difficulty pointing out any huge cons. Maybe the low clearance when going over steep inclines/bumps, but that also means you have better control of your vehicle in tight curves… Let me know of your experience.
Love the manual sport ! Just perfect :) Not over the top and very well mannered drive . Great for whatever the weather throws at you . (2017 Sedan Sport )

·
Registered
2019 Sport 5MT
84 Posts
I previously drove a 2012 Outback in Manual, and if they still made it available in manual, I would've got one instead of a 2019 Impreza Sport Manual. After ~17k miles, I still Love the car! Even though it's diminished cargo space compared to the Outback, I can still fit in a bag of 15 soccer balls and 4 high school players with all their gear (just barely!).

At the price point, I don't think you can find a better, economical manual AWD vehicle.

I installed the Perrin Steering Dampener Lock-Down - An absolute must if you like more responsive steering!

Enjoy the car!

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,413 Posts
Congrats! sent you a pm check it out when you get chance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the same by the end of next month specifically because of the AWD. I'd like more power, but that's not gonna happen.
It'll be my first "New" car. I saw the prices of the used ones as figures I might as well go new for not that much more.

·
Registered
141 Posts
34000+ miles on my 2020 premium. Fantastic car, 2 years later couldn't be happier with my choice. Only downsides:

1) QC. Non-zero number of squeaks and rattles that come and go (Seriously, like a new one every other week). Have to remind myself it's an econobox
2) I do a lot of driving, would much prefer a larger fuel tank on my next car. Realistically, I'll probably get a hybrid next.
3) Android auto is a little touchy. I had to buy a new cord (Seriously, it helped). Still touchy at times, but doable. Thankful this car still has analog controls for climate and audio.

If it snows where you live, you'll be happy you bought it.

·
Registered
2022 Impreza CVT Sedan
21 Posts
new Impreza 2022 premium hatchback for around $23,908.Should be here next week.
People who have owned the 2022 or older for some time, How is the car. This is my first subi and wanted to join the AWD party. What are the pros and cons of owning an Impreza hatchback?
I have 3300 miles on our 2022 sedan. Really enjoy the car. I've been pretty happy with everything. I guess the only con is the dash board material can be hard to wipe as it grabs the microfiber cloths and the trunk is not very deep, but those are very minor things. I love the way it drives and it's just a quality well made vehicle compared to the chevy cruze I used to drive. I never had issues with the chevy but the Subaru just looks and feels like a sturdier, better built car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 3300 miles on our 2022 sedan. Really enjoy the car. I've been pretty happy with everything. I guess the only con is the dash board material can be hard to wipe as it grabs the microfiber cloths and the trunk is not very deep, but those are very minor things. I love the way it drives and it's just a quality well made vehicle compared to the chevy cruze I used to drive. I never had issues with the chevy but the Subaru just looks and feels like a sturdier, better built car.
Oh yeah, the dash can’t be wiped with microfiber cloth. That one is a small inconvenience. Still trying to figure out what to use for wiping there.

·
Registered
2022 Impreza CVT Sedan
21 Posts
Oh yeah, the dash can’t be wiped with microfiber cloth. That one is a small inconvenience. Still trying to figure out what to use for wiping there.
There's a couple of posts in this community about it that are helpful. I've found that I can use microfiber cloths that are of the right grade and that wiping from left to right has less grab. Sometimes I just use the cloth dry and sometimes I spray the cloth directly and then wipe right to left. I know there a lot of different posters here use a variety of products but i have just used a small amount of armorall original directly on the towel.
I wipe down the interior once a week but i only use the product once a month, the rest of the time it's a dry wipe. Here's a photo of the microfiber cloth I use for the interior.
I got these as part of a 10 piece set at Walmart that came with a large drying towel, glass towels, all purpose, exterior detailing, and interior detailing towels.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
You should use swiffer dusters after you clean the dashboard with whatever cleaning agent and microfiber towel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts