5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF bought a sport Impreza sedan and there were issues with the 8" infotainment system(the volume would change). Then the alarm would go off when locking the door with the keyfob.

Now there is a door lock issue where the doors will not lock with the keyfob (there is a chirp) but they don't actually lock. Of course they are working on it...

They tech thinks it has something to do with the radio - there are no wiring diagrams that I can find. I was a tech but work mostly on Fords. Pretty disappointing to see all these unsolvable electronic issues.

Anyone have the door lock issue?

·
Registered
730 Posts
My GF bought a sport Impreza sedan and there were issues with the 8" infotainment system(the volume would change). Then the alarm would go off when locking the door with the keyfob.

Now there is a door lock issue where the doors will not lock with the keyfob (there is a chirp) but they don't actually lock. Of course they are working on it...

They tech thinks it has something to do with the radio - there are no wiring diagrams that I can find. I was a tech but work mostly on Fords. Pretty disappointing to see all these unsolvable electronic issues.

Anyone have the door lock issue?
Welcome to the forum. When you press the lock button on the keyfob does it make a continuous sound? I've turned the ignition on to open a window & forgot to switch it off & the vehicle wouldn't lock. Another occasion a door wasn't closed fully. Is the 2nd keyfob in the vehicle by any chance? There is a lot more electronics in this generation than previously which is causing some issues to some owners.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. When you press the lock button on the keyfob does it make a continuous sound? I've turned the ignition on to open a window & forgot to switch it off & the vehicle wouldn't lock. Another occasion a door wasn't closed fully. Is the 2nd keyfob in the vehicle by any chance? There is a lot more electronics in this generation than previously which is causing some issues to some owners.
Nope, it beeps once to lock and twice to unlock, but the motors don't actuate. This issue was confirmed by the tech.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed, I'm familiar with the CAN network (it is on Fords too, they actually have two networks) but I'm trying to determine if the locking function is in a module they have to replace or it is controlled by the radio or the PCM. Could also be a timeout thing where the lock module expects some response from another module. They are all pretty stumped there.

I know with Fords there are free scan tools that can access any PID or ECU to see what is going on. All you need is a cheap OBD adapter for this software. Ford had these problems a few years ago when they introduced Sync. I'm sure Subaru has a factory scan tool at the dealer but they said they are at the mercy of Subaru HQ for this and my guess is as good as theirs. It is not a lemon law issue if it is just accessories and options.

Pretty said though that they need weeks to figure out software issues for a door lock in 2017. A RKE module is a 30$ thing you can buy on ebay or Amazon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i also have issues with the volume cutting out at a certain point found out from rockford that subaru has it in the programming to cut the bass signal after a certain point to keep the speakers from blowing and that they are releasing a patch to fix it soon but it will void the factory warranty on the speakers i paid 500 extra for the good sound system and they block me from using its full potential

1 - 5 of 5 Posts