5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experiencing this? I've noticed every once in a while as I try to take the key out of the ignition it gets stuck at the ACC position and I have to turn the car on and off to get it to release. It seems like the car might think it is still in drive or something? Bringing it to the dealer tomorrow before work to see what they can tell me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well apparently this is a common enough problem that the service foreman said "another one?" when I brought my car in. They were nice enough to give me a loaner for the day while they got the problem fixed and it was even a white 5 door a bit nicer than mine :)

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well apparently this is a common enough problem that the service foreman said "another one?" when I brought my car in. They were nice enough to give me a loaner for the day while they got the problem fixed and it was even a white 5 door a bit nicer than mine :)
Did the dealer inform you what was causing this to happen?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sometimes mine binds in the ACC position if I forget to push the key toward the column to unlock it. That fairly common on many cars. Maybe that wasn't your problem.

Clifton

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I did hear back from the dealer today and I don't have any info on what would cause this for other people...that being said, I am the dummy who caused the problem in my situation. When removing the trim where the cup holders are I had to remove the shift knob and well in other cars I had removed the entire shifter assembly without issue. I did this to my car instead of just removing the shift knob and apparently caused damage to the piece the shifter assembly connects to. I am very thankful that the dealer is putting this in for a goodwill repair because I feel like an idiot. At least now I know how to remove the shift knob :/

Reactions: 1stsubie
1 - 5 of 5 Posts