5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the keyless entry standard on all Imprezas? According to the subaru website it is one of the features, but so is Starlink and I had understood that Starlink requires a fee to be installed, so really not sure. I can't wait until the weekend to pick up my car and find out, so let me know please! :grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Starlink refers to two things - the infotainment system as well as the remote-service-subscription OnStar-like thing. It is a confusing mess.
I'm not sure about keyless entry on all models. I guess there are two kinds - the kind where you have the key in your pocket, or the PIN kind, where you enter a code on the back hatch lock button - which is kind of excruciating, but better than nothing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I asked a out this when I was at the dealership a couple weeks ago. It's only standard o. The Sport and Limited trims that have push button start. Some of the Premium trims have the PIN.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is the keyless entry standard on all Imprezas? According to the subaru website it is one of the features, but so is Starlink and I had understood that Starlink requires a fee to be installed, so really not sure. I can't wait until the weekend to pick up my car and find out, so let me know please! :grin2::grin2::grin2:
Keyless entry is standard only on the Sport & Limited trims. The Starlink Safety Plus feature was free for a year on my trim (Sport). I also signed up for the Security Plus package mainly for the Remote Lock/Unlock features on my iPhone. As far as I'm aware there was no charge for this either as it was an intro package valid until 2/27/2018. It is pretty scary but amazing being able to lock/unlock my car from my iPhone. It is 2017 after all. Welcome to the future!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Keyless entry is standard only on the Sport & Limited trims. The Starlink Safety Plus feature was free for a year on my trim (Sport). I also signed up for the Security Plus package mainly for the Remote Lock/Unlock features on my iPhone. As far as I'm aware there was no charge for this either as it was an intro package valid until 2/27/2018. It is pretty scary but amazing being able to lock/unlock my car from my iPhone. It is 2017 after all. Welcome to the future!!!
Was it free? I have the trial too but I am under the impression that you need to pay to have those features added?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's funny, they call it the security plus but anyone with your iphone can unlock it.... hmmm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts