5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

Latest pics of your Impreza. GO!!

66K views 197 replies 78 participants last post by  BlubaruNoobaru 
#1 ·
So I still love my base model and I was going to buy wheels but with snow and salt coming right around the corner. I'm waiting until about April. So I did the next best thing. I had my painter change the color of my hubcaps to blend in a bit better. This is where I live, Reno, NV. The all black wheels makes a huge difference and I'm happy until spring lol.

I want to see any cosmetic or performance mods you guys have done. I love this forum for getting inspiration for my own car.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
I got the black and white emblem on the black car and love the look. All the chrome is gone is from my car. The sport grille didn?t have the chrome strip to begin, just the black stripe which I put the white vinyl strip across it. Debating the sport mesh grille which for me will delete the white stripe across and make the hatch pattern smaller. Not much of a different look. I think it would look great on the base deleting the chrome from it.

#9 ·
Right after I bought the car I added some pinstriping, emblem overlays front and back and some vinyl on the grill.

Attachments

#12 ·
Yesterday there was a big meet called Tahoe Takeover in Lake Tahoe. It was super fun, with a cruise around the entire lake. These are photos of my car from the event page from FB.

Also, I just put an order in for the Sport Grille, Window Deflectors, Cargo Tray and Seat Back protectors. I should have those this week. Also getting fog lights and black Rally Armor mud flaps very soon.

#17 ·
Heres the Base grill next to the Sport Grill and before and after photos.

So I didn't see the reply about getting in-process photos but the grill is fairly easy.

Subaru Bumpers are still mostly clips on the bottom and sides.
-There is one clip on the corners where the fender and bumper meet in the wheel well. You push in the center of the clip versus pull it out like most clips. Once it's pushed in just a bit, the entire clip will come out.
-Along the bottom is your basic Subaru bumper clip, a push pin clip that's easy to remove with a tool.
-On top is 2 more of the same clip as the bottom and 5+- (can't remember how many) 10mm bolts.
-To remove the bumper you can start on either side under the fender, where the corner clips were, and you start to work the bumper off the bumper brackets and headlamp brackets.
-if you have a sport, don't forget to unplug your DTR lamps.

I'm sorry i don't have pictures of this process. I will be getting the fog light kit from Subispeed next week so I will have to remove the bumper again to install them.

I'll post pictures on this thread of the bumper removal and show how to remove the grill and add fog lamps.

#32 ·
Precut is available only for the sedan. 5door tail lights are slightly different dimensions compared to the 4doir model. Only things that fits both models are precut is the headlight amber delete, and the emblem overlays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.