5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some LED Dome Lights off Amazon today. Got my trusty pry tool and took the cover off and the stock light looks smaller than the ones I received. But they for sure are the light number that shod fit. I've read that you have to bend the metal contacts back to make it fit. Is this correct ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
It says "RED" on your photo... is the light red? I wanted red ones but not finding them anywhere around here I got white as usual. Well, that and my wife rejected the idea of red ones, LOL. I'll get one anyway and see what she says. Better to ask forgiveness than permission anyway? My military experience showing me the value of red at night will be my defense. :)

I keep my dome light off as a rule, and only turn it on when I need it. I'd turn the map lights off automatic too if I could, and use them only as needed. I don't like automatic interior lights. I learned I don't want ambience LEDs either after having them on a couple cars in blue and red. Too distracting for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It says "RED" on your photo... is the light red? I wanted red ones but not finding them anywhere around here I got white as usual. Well, that and my wife rejected the idea of red ones, LOL. I'll get one anyway and see what she says. Better to ask forgiveness than permission anyway? My military experience showing me the value of red at night will be my defense. :)

I keep my dome light off as a rule, and only turn it on when I need it. I'd turn the map lights off automatic too if I could, and use them only as needed. I don't like automatic interior lights. I learned I don't want ambience LEDs either after having them on a couple cars in blue and red. Too distracting for me.
That's correct. Red 🤘 I wanted to have them match the gauges and everything else that's red at night. Of course, I won't be driving with those on 😂
I was in the Navy and I totally know about the red lights. Walking through the ship at night going to midrats or getting off watch for a smoke on the smoke deck. In my Berthing compartment. Red lights everywhere.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's correct. Red 🤘 I wanted to have them match the gauges and everything else that's red at night. Of course, I won't be driving with those on 😂 just when I need to look for something and when I get out of the car.
I was in the Navy and I totally know about the red lights. Walking through the ship at night going to midrats or getting off watch for a smoke on the smoke deck. In my Berthing compartment. Red lights everywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts