5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know if the LED DRL's can run concurrently with the headlights on? I love these lights & wish they could run with the headlights on or even in P.
The foglights don't run simultaneously with the headlights??? Maybe you mean running foglights only instead of the daytime running lights?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The foglights don't run simultaneously with the headlights??? Maybe you mean running foglights only instead of the daytime running lights?
I don't believe they do & they definitely don't run when in P either. They only run in R, N or D. The LED DRL's, as in the image I attached with the red box around them is what my post is about. Not fog lights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
DRL only during the day.....headlights with NO DRL at night....and kind od disappointing that the fog lights are incandescent while the headlights are LED, so the foglights look like they were added on as an aftermarket upgrade.....kinda cheap looking.....

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DRL only during the day.....headlights with NO DRL at night....and kind od disappointing that the fog lights are incandescent while the headlights are LED, so the foglights look like they were added on as an aftermarket upgrade.....kinda cheap looking.....
I agree but I like the DRL's just wish they would run at night too for extra visibility.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I managed to get mine on my BRZ to run in the way that you want them too but it required splicing of wires to give it constant power when the lights were turned on.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I managed to get mine on my BRZ to run in the way that you want them too but it required splicing of wires to give it constant power when the lights were turned on.
Did you splice the wires & connect to the headlights?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I connected the wires to the parking lights, so as soon as you turn on the parking lights alone, they have power. Then you can turn on the headlights and the drl is still going without issue.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I connected the wires to the parking lights, so as soon as you turn on the parking lights alone, they have power. Then you can turn on the headlights and the drl is still going without issue.
Mmmm I like that. Wanna come do mine for me? lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have any pics, i got underneath and the cables from DRL go to a switch which go somewhere else and those were so short I was afraid of cutting them just like the headlight cables. It looks like that switch gives the power but couldn't follow the cables from the switch. There is a round item attached on top which i'm not sure what that is, perhaps daylight detector not sure but it had also cables so again afraid of breaking that. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts