5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we all know the US Spec Sport model doesn't have actual fog lights and I think we all agree they should. While I was detailing the wife's Impreza today I decided to do some looking around. While I am not a fan of pulling out the stock DRL LED lights I do feel these cars need more lighting power. I will not do a factory fog light kit because I absolutely hate the bezels that come with them. So what I have been thinking about lately is doing either 2 small LED fog lights or one small/medium LED light bar behind the grill. I believe there is more than enough room behind the grill to mount them safely where they won't interfere with incoming air to the radiator. I would run them on a single toggle switch so that I could turn them on and off when needed. I wouldn't splice into the factory wiring as I do not want to mess up anything. Has anybody else thought about doing this or already done it? If so, I would love to see pics or hear of the ups and downs of doing it.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
I have been thinking about adding fog lights but I was thinking about putting them in the bottom opening under where the license plate is.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been thinking about adding fog lights but I was thinking about putting them in the bottom opening under where the license plate is.
i thought about that too but that is where the grille shutters are. that's why i figured behind the main grille would be better. plus when they aren't on you won't be able to see them...

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Yea, I wonder about the shutters as well, might be tricky to run wires.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts