5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,413 Posts
I have a set of diode dynamics that I really like. Is yours the sport version? If not I think you can only do the low beams due to the high beams being used as the DRL's.

I have this brand in my Miata, Outback and as the high beams in my Impreza (I have the sport though) and have had very good luck with them. The pattern is sharp and not blinding to other cars which is extremely important to me. I don't have them in my low beams though so I don't have direct experience in my Impreza but since they work so well in other applications I have used, I bet they will work well for the Impreza low beams too.

https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Bu...omotive&sprefix=auxito+,automotive,267&sr=1-5

One thing I like about getting them from Amazon is if you don't like them they will take them back. I went though about 5 different brands for my Miata's headlamps before I found theis brand that didn't have hot spots and blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
568 Posts
OK, quick synopsis (maybe this should be a sticky?):

LED advantages: Cooler light, often brighter than halogen, usually lasts longer, can be less expensive in the long term.

Disadvantages: Even in the best brands, is not as well focused (the worst brands are truly awful at this). Upfront cost can be high. Can't be used as a DRL. Sometimes they flicker.

After looking at all the good brands out there, I've decided to stay with the ultra-premium halogens.

·
Registered
201 Posts
beamtechs I back these up I love them and are Bright with no flicker at all. Got both Lows and Highs. Ignore that they don't fit just make sure they are the right size.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I went with the GTR's About 5 times more than what people pay on Amazon but they are guaranteed for life.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,413 Posts
As I have mentioned, for the low beams I've been using Diode Dynamics. They are made in the US and backed by a great company

H11 SL1 LED Bulbs (pair)

These have a great cutoff and do not blind oncoming traffic and output is stellar, they do cost a lot more but IMHO they are worth it. I always double check how they are by getting in the wife's car and having her drive by me to be sure I'm not blinding anyone.

DD did not have an application for the high beams that would fit, so I went with the Auxito brand. Keep in mind I have a Sport version and the DRL's are not the high beams so I was able to swap them out. This will not work with any other model or you will get flickering. Since High Beams by nature are blinding, there is no real concern with cutoff etc. More or less you are concerned with canbus issues which did not happen.

·
Registered
'19 Impreza 5dr Sport
61 Posts
Following up after a week of driving with these new DD low beam LED headlights. I'm quite pleased with these lights. I drive home in the dark from work and light is definitely crisper and brighter than the stock bulbs. Sure, the HID bulbs on the Limited are really nice as my wife's Forester has these and I always appreciate the visibility these give but I'm not about to spend a bunch of $$$ to switch my sport headlights over to the HID headlights.
I certainly feel the price I paid was worth the upgrade.

·
Registered
24 Posts
OK, quick synopsis (maybe this should be a sticky?):

LED advantages: Cooler light, often brighter than halogen, usually lasts longer, can be less expensive in the long term.

Disadvantages: Even in the best brands, is not as well focused (the worst brands are truly awful at this). Upfront cost can be high. Can't be used as a DRL. Sometimes they flicker.

After looking at all the good brands out there, I've decided to stay with the ultra-premium halogens.
Cooler light: closer to daylight ( in temperature degrees Kelvin ); Not actually brighter: rather more visible light. Think Gamut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts