5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I replaced the three dome lights and one trunk light with Sylvania LEDs. Has anyone else noticed the map/dome lights are still very dimly lit even when they should be off?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I replaced the three dome lights and one trunk light with Sylvania LEDs. Has anyone else noticed the map/dome lights are still very dimly lit even when they should be off?
I have the Diode Dynamics LED kit for my trunk, obviously I do not know if it dims or is off...but when I have had the seats down it has been black back there. My map and dome light came from SuperBrightLEDs and i have not had this happen to me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
this kinda happens to me. when i turn everything off, there's a soft afterglow, but it's barely noticeable. They go completely out after a short time though

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone have any pictures/videos of results with the LED headlights? Looking for a nice PnP set for my 2017 Sport Hatch.
I've heard from some that the LEDs in the reflector are only glare-lights, whereas others say they were plug and play with the correct beam pattern and no glare.
Links appreciated if you have some lights I'm looking for with evidence that they are indeed "glare-less"...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think some of the 'glare' comes from people buying the highest wattage lamps they can get that fit, and it's even worse if they do not sit in the reflector correctly.

I drive an hour each way to work, on the way home at midnight I encounter these obnoxious blaring lights all the time, I slow down so they go around me.

I do want to put Led lights in my car and my daughter's car mostly for the low beam, live in the sticks and sometimes lots of critters on the road.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Am I doing something wrong? I've been through 3 different LED headlight sets,and all have been glare-city-usa. How are you guys/gals getting no glare? (I just did a plug-n-play, not sure if they need to be adjusted, nor am I sure how to adjust them) I can't drive for 10 mins without being hi-beamed by 5 people.
Is there a certain way the LEDs need to be facing in the housing (ex, left and right OR up and down OR diagonal)?
Any pics/help appreciated.
2017 Impreza Sport Hatch is what I am driving, for reference.

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Am I doing something wrong? I've been through 3 different LED headlight sets,and all have been glare-city-usa. How are you guys/gals getting no glare? (I just did a plug-n-play, not sure if they need to be adjusted, nor am I sure how to adjust them) I can't drive for 10 mins without being hi-beamed by 5 people.
Is there a certain way the LEDs need to be facing in the housing (ex, left and right OR up and down OR diagonal)?
Any pics/help appreciated.
2017 Impreza Sport Hatch is what I am driving, for reference.
And because you have a Sport with DRL, the High beams are easy also. You can get the H11 lows and the 9005 Highs here. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAMTECH-H11-9005-9006-H4-H7-H13-LED-Headlights-Bulbs-High-Low-Beams-Fog-Lights/263721580136?epid=21008527901&hash=item3d6707f668:m:mSE9BT-cFDTeRr_WogHsmNg&var=562902422962

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, I really like my switchback LEDs but I can't figure out how to aim the beam lower, they are a tad too high. Anyone know how to on a 2017+? I tried the blue philips-screw thing but I turned in both directions and nothing seemed to happen...
do those beamtechs require any adjustment? It seems as though all the LEDs I have tried so far require adjustment and I cannot figure out how.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well, I really like my switchback LEDs but I can't figure out how to aim the beam lower, they are a tad too high. Anyone know how to on a 2017+? I tried the blue philips-screw thing but I turned in both directions and nothing seemed to happen...
do those beamtechs require any adjustment? It seems as though all the LEDs I have tried so far require adjustment and I cannot figure out how.
The blue screw is where the change is made. It is very subtle and unless you are watching the wall as you turn the screw you will not notice the change as it moves.

I am like others on here and went with the BeamTech lights and like them a lot. I would get them from Amazon and not from eBay as I had a bad experience, although the eBay price is about $15 less for a pair of both high and low. I had to move mine DOWN between a quarter inch and half inch. Had them in for 2 weeks now without any issues or anyone flashing headlights at me. The other option past the BeamTech is the Lightening Dark. Those rate a bit brighter than the BeamTech does but the BeamTech has a better light pattern.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts