5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
For those who have replaced their rear turn signals with LEDs, I have my resistor wedged into the taillight housing with some electrical tape around it to keep it snug. I'm slightly concerned with the resistor heating up and causing damage. Anyone have any experience with this? Looking to ease the nerves.. ha

·
Registered
521 Posts
For those who have replaced their rear turn signals with LEDs, I have my resistor wedged into the taillight housing with some electrical tape around it to keep it snug. I'm slightly concerned with the resistor heating up and causing damage. Anyone have any experience with this? Looking to ease the nerves.. ha
I just let my resistors loose and tuck then in where they'll fit when installing the tails. I haven't had any issues. I've done this on 3 cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update: I replaced my turn signals with LEDs/resistors on Saturday and everything worked fine for roughly 24-48 hours. Yesterday, when I went to unlock my car I noticed that my right side rear and front turn signals weren't blinking at all. (The left side only blinks once, even when unlocking. I'm thinking this is because there's no power to the resistor?). Additionally, when driving I noticed that when I turn on my right side turn signals, nothing happens and even the on-dash turn-signal indicator doesn't light up. I'm going to check the connections when I get home tonight and see if I can figure out what the issue is.. For reference, the left side works perfectly when the car is driving.

Anyone have any issues similar to this? My guess is maybe a bad resistor? Or I messed up the connection between the two?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Update: I replaced my turn signals with LEDs/resistors on Saturday and everything worked fine for roughly 24-48 hours. Yesterday, when I went to unlock my car I noticed that my right side rear and front turn signals weren't blinking at all. (The left side only blinks once, even when unlocking. I'm thinking this is because there's no power to the resistor?). Additionally, when driving I noticed that when I turn on my right side turn signals, nothing happens and even the on-dash turn-signal indicator doesn't light up. I'm going to check the connections when I get home tonight and see if I can figure out what the issue is.. For reference, the left side works perfectly when the car is driving.

Anyone have any issues similar to this? My guess is maybe a bad resistor? Or I messed up the connection between the two?
Check the fuse

·
Registered
106 Posts
I has no luck with the Phillips 30mm led bulbs from OP to replace the map lights or dome light. It doesn't even come close to fitting the done light and when I wedged it into the map light brackets they didn't light up at all.

Did anyone have issues with these? Is it possible I managed to get bad bulbs?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I has no luck with the Phillips 30mm led bulbs from OP to replace the map lights or dome light. It doesn't even come close to fitting the done light and when I wedged it into the map light brackets they didn't light up at all.

Did anyone have issues with these? Is it possible I managed to get bad bulbs?
Did you flip them? If they are in backwards they won't work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No, but I will definitely give that a shot. Interesting that I didn't even manage to get one of them correct.

Hopefully the brackets hold up, I don't like how much they get stretched out by the size of the bulbs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installed the recommended Beamtech for low beams. They work great and beam pattern is close to the original halogens. It took about 15 min to put in the driver side LED as it was a very tight fit with the blue seal but got it to work eventually.

I do 95% of the driving in the city, are the high beam upgrades worth it?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Installed the recommended Beamtech for low beams. They work great and beam pattern is close to the original halogens. It took about 15 min to put in the driver side LED as it was a very tight fit with the blue seal but got it to work eventually.

I do 95% of the driving in the city, are the high beam upgrades worth it?
They are very bright, I have both in my sport. I would say yes, but if you do most of your driving in the city you might not need them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed the beamtech parts yesterday and they look great but is it me or do they flash when PWMd in daytime running mode?

'18 Impreza Hatch Base (Canada) here. I used the recommended Beamtech 9005 bulbs to upgrade the high-beams. When the vehicle is in gear and the high-beams kick on as DRL's there is in fact a flicker. I am going to try to order the capacitors to stop the flicker.

If your car turns on the high-beams in low-mode when your car is in gear, the recommended bulbs in this thread will flicker, so it's not quite plug-and-play.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Has anyone had issues with flickering from the dome lights? I'm on a second bulb in one of the enclosures and my rear seat light tends to flicker.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Problems with those LED headlight replacements; while they give a lot of light and last nearly forever, the longer length and shape of the LED elements means that the beam is always out-of-focus, which gives a poorly aimed beam. Only a reflector designed for such a bulb will ever be properly focused. So, in the end, you will spend a lot of money and your headlight will throw a lot of light, but instead of it being focused on the road in front of you it will spread it over a lot more area where you don't need it. Oh, and since LED's give a cyclical output, you WILL notice flicker.

I have replaced most of my marker and brake lights with LED replacements, but I would never consider one of those LED headlight replacement bulbs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Problems with those LED headlight replacements; while they give a lot of light and last nearly forever, the longer length and shape of the LED elements means that the beam is always out-of-focus, which gives a poorly aimed beam. Only a reflector designed for such a bulb will ever be properly focused. So, in the end, you will spend a lot of money and your headlight will throw a lot of light, but instead of it being focused on the road in front of you it will spread it over a lot more area where you don't need it. Oh, and since LED's give a cyclical output, you WILL notice flicker.

I have replaced most of my marker and brake lights with LED replacements, but I would never consider one of those LED headlight replacement bulbs.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
99 Posts
Reverse lights linked do not work in 2019 impreza. The stock lights I have have a cylindrical notch at the bottom center. The ones linked do not. They won't click into place and fall out. The clicker notch is too high up if I recall correctly. I tried a couple from Amazon and can't find ones that fit, although they did fit into the turn signal bulbs.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts