5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got a 2019 Impreza Limited. It comes with the LED dome package and it looks like it had LEDs everywhere, which is awesome, except the license plate lights, they are yellow still!!! Who would do that? Put LEDs everywhere in a car and leave the license plates yellow??? Can anyone please justify that?

So, what should I get to replace the yellow filament lights at the rear license plate? I see people having so many issues here and I don’t want to order incompatible or junk LEDs out of Amazon, for example. Please advise. Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just got a 2019 Impreza Limited. It comes with the LED dome package and it looks like it had LEDs everywhere, which is awesome, except the license plate lights, they are yellow still!!! Who would do that? Put LEDs everywhere in a car and leave the license plates yellow??? Can anyone please justify that?

So, what should I get to replace the yellow filament lights at the rear license plate? I see people having so many issues here and I don’t want to order incompatible or junk LEDs out of Amazon, for example. Please advise. Thanks!
I used some OSRAM push in LEDs I had leftover from other LED installs. The one in the trunk light used the same one and the OSRAM really made it useful.

The license plate lights are accessible right where they are, no covers to remove etc like some cars. It was a tricky maneuver for me to wrap my head around, exacerbated by rubber gasketing stuck to the paint, but after I "got it" they were, literally, a snap.

The only stock incandescents left are in the vanity mirrors... their light gives human tones a more favorable look, and they will never be accidentally left on. The dang map lights on the other hand, have left me with a dead battery multiple times from my forgetfullness... but I wised up and haven't had that problem in years with LEDs everywhere.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I feel like the license plate lights were the easiest to install compared to everything else I replaced on my Impreza. Every light is LED minus the turn signal lights. Not wanting to screw with the wiring to install those resistors.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Yea was a easy install for me I did it about week ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea was a easy install for me I did it about week ago.
I have a 2019 Impreza 5 Door and wanting to change out the license plate bulbs. Where do I find the instructions for replacement? Looks like I have to take the hatchback panel off to get access.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a 2019 Impreza 5 Door and wanting to change out the license plate bulbs. Where do I find the instructions for replacement? Looks like I have to take the hatchback panel off to get access.
Nope :) I went there, too, but it's much easier than that.

It's in the owner's manual... the light housings just slide out, by pushing them outward toward the sides of the car, from right there in front of you.

Mine were stuck, I guess, as I had to exert a lot of force to get them to slide. But then it was a literal snap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am still trying to find out if they make a LED highbeam and DRL bulb HB3 for my 2019 Impreza sedan base model that will not light up as a highbeam as a DRL and will not flicker also but will also be a highbeam too. I am looking for plug and play and do not want to cut any wires also. From what I have read in this post it does not exist yet.Can someone correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nope :) I went there, too, but it's much easier than that.

It's in the owner's manual... the light housings just slide out, by pushing them outward toward the sides of the car, from right there in front of you.

Mine were stuck, I guess, as I had to exert a lot of force to get them to slide. But then it was a literal snap.
Thanks! Had to use a screwdriver to get some leverage to move the bulb housing. All good now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do we have a glove box light in the 4 door lol if so I might swap that tomorrow I think that’s the only one I forgot to do lol.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts