5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got a 2019 Impreza Limited. It comes with the LED dome package and it looks like it had LEDs everywhere, which is awesome, except the license plate lights, they are yellow still!!! Who would do that? Put LEDs everywhere in a car and leave the license plates yellow??? Can anyone please justify that?

So, what should I get to replace the yellow filament lights at the rear license plate? I see people having so many issues here and I don’t want to order incompatible or junk LEDs out of Amazon, for example. Please advise. Thanks!

·
Banned
417 Posts
Just got a 2019 Impreza Limited. It comes with the LED dome package and it looks like it had LEDs everywhere, which is awesome, except the license plate lights, they are yellow still!!! Who would do that? Put LEDs everywhere in a car and leave the license plates yellow??? Can anyone please justify that?

So, what should I get to replace the yellow filament lights at the rear license plate? I see people having so many issues here and I don’t want to order incompatible or junk LEDs out of Amazon, for example. Please advise. Thanks!
I used some OSRAM push in LEDs I had leftover from other LED installs. The one in the trunk light used the same one and the OSRAM really made it useful.

The license plate lights are accessible right where they are, no covers to remove etc like some cars. It was a tricky maneuver for me to wrap my head around, exacerbated by rubber gasketing stuck to the paint, but after I "got it" they were, literally, a snap.

The only stock incandescents left are in the vanity mirrors... their light gives human tones a more favorable look, and they will never be accidentally left on. The dang map lights on the other hand, have left me with a dead battery multiple times from my forgetfullness... but I wised up and haven't had that problem in years with LEDs everywhere.

·
Registered
72 Posts

I feel like the license plate lights were the easiest to install compared to everything else I replaced on my Impreza. Every light is LED minus the turn signal lights. Not wanting to screw with the wiring to install those resistors.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Yea was a easy install for me I did it about week ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea was a easy install for me I did it about week ago.
I have a 2019 Impreza 5 Door and wanting to change out the license plate bulbs. Where do I find the instructions for replacement? Looks like I have to take the hatchback panel off to get access.

·
Banned
417 Posts
I have a 2019 Impreza 5 Door and wanting to change out the license plate bulbs. Where do I find the instructions for replacement? Looks like I have to take the hatchback panel off to get access.
Nope :) I went there, too, but it's much easier than that.

It's in the owner's manual... the light housings just slide out, by pushing them outward toward the sides of the car, from right there in front of you.

Mine were stuck, I guess, as I had to exert a lot of force to get them to slide. But then it was a literal snap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am still trying to find out if they make a LED highbeam and DRL bulb HB3 for my 2019 Impreza sedan base model that will not light up as a highbeam as a DRL and will not flicker also but will also be a highbeam too. I am looking for plug and play and do not want to cut any wires also. From what I have read in this post it does not exist yet.Can someone correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nope :) I went there, too, but it's much easier than that.

It's in the owner's manual... the light housings just slide out, by pushing them outward toward the sides of the car, from right there in front of you.

Mine were stuck, I guess, as I had to exert a lot of force to get them to slide. But then it was a literal snap.
Thanks! Had to use a screwdriver to get some leverage to move the bulb housing. All good now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do we have a glove box light in the 4 door lol if so I might swap that tomorrow I think that’s the only one I forgot to do lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 Subaru Impreza Sport

So I decided to change my bulbs and I must have shorted something. Map lights, dome lights and key fob will no longer work. I am trying to figure out what fuse I need to replace. I looked in the manual and checked ALL fuses under the hood and they are good. I have not checked the fuses under the steering wheel yet. Does anyone know how to find out what fuse I need to replace? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts

So I decided to change my bulbs and I must have shorted something. Map lights, dome lights and key fob will no longer work. I am trying to figure out what fuse I need to replace. I looked in the manual and checked ALL fuses under the hood and they are good. I have not checked the fuses under the steering wheel yet. Does anyone know how to find out what fuse I need to replace? Any help would be appreciated!
I finally found the answer on another forum. It was fuse #26 under the steering wheel fuse box. Replaced and everything is working now.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Keep in mind that LED's are diodes, not common bulbs. By definition, a diode is an element which allows current to only flow in one direction. Take your LED out, turn it around, and it should work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
These have worked great for me for the past 2 years with no issues. They have load resistors built in.

If you plan on using them front AND rear you will need to add an extra set of resistors. Not sure why, I guess with 2 sets of LEDs and 2 sets of resistors it still isn't enough load. I got these plug in ones so that I wouldn't need to splice.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LW6UHP2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_wfjcEbTHFXQFP

I have the rear LED turn signals plugged into these and they have done the trick since November 2017. For the rears I covered the housings in red tint film and got the red version of those bulbs. I think it cleans up the look alot.
I've changed pretty much everything to LED. Interior lights, trunk light, vanity lights (I went overboard), turn signals, reverse lights, license plate lights and fog lights. Feel free to asked what fits and works. I had issues with some of the lights I tried initially.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza LTD 5Dr Magnetite Gray Metalic.
71 Posts

That's odd. I just purchased a 2019 Limited also. No LEDs here. Had to do it myself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Went to look at:
Front side markers, rear side markers/taillights, hatch interior light, license plate lights:
Aglint W5W 10-bulb pack (you will use 9 of them)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRZ0OZN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on Amazon. It says:
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Anyone have any other LEDs that the have used successfully for the front side markers, rear side markers/taillights?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just did some research. Found this site. superbriteleds.com. Has anyone used this site? How were the results? I’m looking at my side markers and backups.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's odd. I just purchased a 2019 Limited also. No LEDs here. Had to do it myself.
The LED dome light bulbs are an option that could be added to any trim. My Limited did not come with them, but I had a Premium loaner that did. Popped the dome light covers to check them out and they are just normal festoon LED bulbs. You can get the OEM ones from Subaru or Subiespeed if you desire.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've checked out the glovebox bulb. It's a non-standard bulb that is in its own little permanent housing. I don't think it's swappable unless you get very creative.
Probably far from a priority. Working on proper LEFs for front/rear side markers and backups. The Amazon link has none. Waiting to see if anyone has used the bulbs from superbriteled.com

101 - 120 of 136 Posts