5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Was checking out the options on superbrightled. Most of those bulbs are just random picks from Ebay. Check out the hindreds of listings on Amazon. Please don't buy the bulb they show for the reverse lights. That style is very dated, unreliable and very dim. We have come a long way since then. Most decent quality bulbs have just a few higher output diodes vs plastering them with a bunch of low output cheap ones. Look for 7440 bulbs that have either a heat sink or a lense or both. As for the market lights, any 168 size will work just fine. Just make sure you go with red LEDs for the rear otherwise they will end up looking very orange through the red housings.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza LTD 5Dr Magnetite Gray Metalic.
84 Posts
Was checking out the options on superbrightled. Most of those bulbs are just random picks from Ebay. Check out the hindreds of listings on Amazon. Please don't buy the bulb they show for the reverse lights. That style is very dated, unreliable and very dim. We have come a long way since then. Most decent quality bulbs have just a few higher output diodes vs plastering them with a bunch of low output cheap ones. Look for 7440 bulbs that have either a heat sink or a lense or both. As for the market lights, any 168 size will work just fine. Just make sure you go with red LEDs for the rear otherwise they will end up looking very orange through the red housings.
I’m not educated about these. Do I need Can Bus or the regular?

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
830 Posts
Figured I'd add this info. I installed these in the rear indicators :

Amazon.com: EverBright Silver Chrome 7440 Led Bulb Amber,No Hyper Flash T20 7440A 992 W21W Led Bulb For Front Rear Turn Signal Bulb, Canbus Error Free Led Turn Signal Light Yellow 3014 Chipset 144SMD, (Pack of 2): Automotive

Simple install they work well, no hyper-flashing and I think they look pretty nice too. Chrome appearance until they light up.

View attachment 23304

View attachment 23305
View attachment 23306

LED on the left OEM on the right

both installed in this vid, side note you can see the LED reflector replacements light up in the lower part of the bumper.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Figured I'd add this info. I installed these in the rear indicators :

Amazon.com: EverBright Silver Chrome 7440 Led Bulb Amber,No Hyper Flash T20 7440A 992 W21W Led Bulb For Front Rear Turn Signal Bulb, Canbus Error Free Led Turn Signal Light Yellow 3014 Chipset 144SMD, (Pack of 2): Automotive

Simple install they work well, no hyper-flashing and I think they look pretty nice too. Chrome appearance until they light up.

View attachment 23304

View attachment 23305
View attachment 23306

LED on the left OEM on the right

both installed in this vid, side note you can see the LED reflector replacements light up in the lower part of the bumper.

do these install in the front turn indicators aswell without hyper flashing? Man, those looks solid! Will be buying a pair today!

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
830 Posts
do these install in the front turn indicators aswell without hyper flashing? Man, those looks solid! Will be buying a pair today!
I don't know yet, Twister (replyed above) posted about these on the FB impreza forum and I thought I'd give them a try. He also only put them in the rear. He did say that he's going to try them in the front too. I'm sure he'll report back, I also asked that question. Sometimes, depending on the bulbs electronics, combining too many LED's in the same circuit will cause hyper flashing or other issues. Really depends though and only one way to find out.

Reactions: jcortese2786

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread! used it to upgrade my high/low beams with the Beamtech LED's .. the tip about swapping the factory bulb seal on the low beam bulbs (use the orange originals) really helped, was having a hell of a time getting it to seat with the blue seal it came with , also did bright white LED reverse lights.. ALLA Yellow Fog LED's on the way.. still deciding on front/rear turn signal LED bulbs. I noticed the Beamtechs have a + mark, which matches up with the green wire side.. took the guess work out of polarity for both high and low beam LED's

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread! used it to upgrade my high/low beams with the Beamtech LED's .. the tip about swapping the factory bulb seal on the low beam bulbs (use the orange originals) really helped, was having a hell of a time getting it to seat with the blue seal it came with , also did bright white LED reverse lights.. ALLA Yellow Fog LED's on the way.. still deciding on front/rear turn signal LED bulbs. I noticed the Beamtechs have a + mark, which matches up with the green wire side.. took the guess work out of polarity for both high and low beam LED's View attachment 23341
View attachment 23339 View attachment 23340
I got some Beamtechs aswell. They are great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Reverse lights linked do not work in 2019 impreza. The stock lights I have have a cylindrical notch at the bottom center. The ones linked do not. They won't click into place and fall out. The clicker notch is too high up if I recall correctly. I tried a couple from Amazon and can't find ones that fit, although they did fit into the turn signal bulbs.
installed these today, fit great, twisted in and locked up perfect in my 2018 Imp 5door Premium Amazon.com: iBrightstar Newest 9-30V Super Bright Low Power 7440 7443 T20 LED Bulbs with Projector Replacement for Back Up Reverse Lights or Tail Brake Lights,Xenon White: Automotive

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Just wondering...

What turn signals will produce the hyperflashing? i.e Just the front or just the back or any of the ones etc? I want to put mostly all the LEDs in minus the ones what would cause the hyperflashing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Owned my 2018 premium for about 2 months now and want to upgrade lighting. Anyone have luck finding switchbacks for the front directionals? Probably getting beamtech for high and low beams but want a switchback for the front that won’t hyperflash.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts