5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
62 Posts
The Beamtech's in the first post are H11. My daughter's 2020 is showing H11 on car sights but Amazon says they won't fit. H11 is H11, right? Should I just order them to try? Not liking the halogen low beams.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
839 Posts
The Beamtech's in the first post are H11. My daughter's 2020 is showing H11 on car sights but Amazon says they won't fit. H11 is H11, right? Should I just order them to try? Not liking the halogen low beams.
They should be H11, Amazon is not always that accurate I've found

| SYLVANIA Automotive

Reactions: chowser51

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone installed H9 halogen bulbs into their impreza by modifying the tab on the connector? This has been a popular mod amongst 4Runner owners (me being one of them). Output is almost doubled H11-1200 lumens and H9-2100 lumens.
edit: searched. its been done. This might be a good alternative to LED bulbs...

·
ModFather
839 Posts
I see that there is now a bulb that will work with the High beam DRL's. It says they send a low signal to run the LED Dimmer so no flicker. I have no direct experience but I saw it in this video, seems interesting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Awesome! I was holding off on doing the high beams until something like this came along. Solves the DRL issue and the lens freezing issue in colder climates!

·
ModFather
839 Posts
Awesome! I was holding off on doing the high beams until something like this came along. Solves the DRL issue and the lens freezing issue in colder climates!
BTW they will be haveing a black Friday sale

·
Registered
62 Posts
Gotta clarify here:

I need the Morimoto 2 stroke 9005 for my halogen hi beams?
Do I need the additional antiflicker modules to run this as a DRL?

Thanks

·
ModFather
839 Posts
Gotta clarify here:

I need the Morimoto 2 stroke 9005 for my halogen hi beams?
Do I need the additional antiflicker modules to run this as a DRL?

Thanks

What you should do is go to the website and chat with them. I was doing that and they guy told me to wait till Black Friday to order stuff, they were pretty helpful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got the lowbeams. Also got the Sirius 31mm for the dome light in the interior. This might have been a mistake. When I put it in, the metal housing is pushed super wide. I think something like 28mm is probably a better fit, but the lowest I've seen is 30mm... maybe something wrong w/ the housing or the way I installed it.

·
ModFather
839 Posts
I've only heard good things about the beamTec I was just curious

141 - 154 of 154 Posts