5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Very easy the hardest was the battery side. Just unbolt that front on and move the battery over an inch or so for your hand and fish it in with you fingers not so bad. The other side was very easy just remove the cold air intake thing on the front that goes to the filter and you have a clear path almost about 5min total.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
843 Posts
Very easy the hardest was the battery side. Just unbolt that front on and move the battery over an inch or so for your hand and fish it in with you fingers not so bad. The other side was very easy just remove the cold air intake thing on the front that goes to the filter and you have a clear path almost about 5min total.
Thanks, I may look into it. I hate messing with the battery though :) I've ruined a lot of clothes over the years ;)

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium
2 Posts
Hi. I have installed the above LED’s front and back but they hyper flash after 2 or so minutes.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium
2 Posts
I just installed the same ones you did @peaty to the front as well as the back all the same bulbs. I did get hyperflash odly couple times but it went away haha kinda odd it's intermitting not sure what is going on I knew I pushed them in all the way maybe a link connection. I tried to get it to hyperflash again and could not so guess it's fine lol.
hi! Just wondering if you can let them blink for 2 or minutes and report back if they are hyper flashing? TIA

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
843 Posts
Keep in mind, the bulbs I used in the rear are strictly used for indicators AKA blinkers, single element. The front amber bulb has two elements. It's both an indicator, bright and a marker low light. So if you do install it in the front, you will not have the marker light function. I've looked but have not been able to find a double element LED that would fit and work well.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
hi! Just wondering if you can let them blink for 2 or minutes and report back if they are hyper flashing? TIA
Yes they hyper after about 1min. I do love the no amber look and no marker on option. Am gonna keep them in until I find something else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These have worked great for me for the past 2 years with no issues. They have load resistors built in.

If you plan on using them front AND rear you will need to add an extra set of resistors. Not sure why, I guess with 2 sets of LEDs and 2 sets of resistors it still isn't enough load. I got these plug in ones so that I wouldn't need to splice.

I have the rear LED turn signals plugged into these and they have done the trick since November 2017. For the rears I covered the housings in red tint film and got the red version of those bulbs. I think it cleans up the look alot.
I've changed pretty much everything to LED. Interior lights, trunk light, vanity lights (I went overboard), turn signals, reverse lights and fog lights. Feel free to asked what fits and works. I had issues with some of the lights I tried initially.
Did you need these plugged into the front and rear? Basically four in total or one on each side? I’d like to convert both front and rear signals to LED.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts