5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a 3/4" lift on my Impreza. I was just wondering if dealers usually have issues with this type of mod? I understand the typical Magnusson Moss Act disclaimer so I'm not looking for that. Just if anyone has experience getting any repairs done at their dealer with a lift and if it ever been an issue.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am considering a 3/4" lift on my Impreza. I was just wondering if dealers usually have issues with this type of mod? I understand the typical Magnusson Moss Act disclaimer so I'm not looking for that. Just if anyone has experience getting any repairs done at their dealer with a lift and if it ever been an issue.

Thanks!!
If you have to ask, it probably is. Lifting would take the suspension out of spec of what the original manufacturer intended for the vehicle. I doubt personally it can cause real damage, but their defense is that any unaccounted angle of the axles and suspension parts could cause premature wear on parts.

Added to this is that each dealership is different and they're strictness of what you can get away with highly depends on what kind of relationship you have with the service manager.

Mod at your own risk!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts

Thanks!!
I work at an automotive restyler company and yes, you will likely get some feedback. If you know of the Magnusson Moss Act that's good, as it will typically stop that conversation in it's tracks. Dealers love to point fingers when able, and this would be ammunition for them no doubt, can't necessarily blame them but it is what it is. That said, it will depend on the dealer. Some are cool with it, and some aren't.

Edit: we've done numerous lifts in Crosstreks (none on an Impreza yet I dont think), and no issues have come up at all.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Thanks!!
I'm curious, do you also plan to add taller tires?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm curious, do you also plan to add taller tires?
Not any time soon. I’d just like the extra clearance for driveways/steep inclines and snow. I like the handling and ride too much to go too far, otherwise I would have gotten the Crosstrek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had warranty repairs done on my '17 with a 1.5" ADF lift on it, never had an issue at the dealer, no one ever even mentioned it to me, they may not have noticed...

Of course, I had an alignment done once the lift was put on, that's very important.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had warranty repairs done on my '17 with a 1.5" ADF lift on it, never had an issue at the dealer, no one ever even mentioned it to me, they may not have noticed...

Of course, I had an alignment done once the lift was put on, that's very important.
That sounds like good news bears to me. I'll be doing the same lift this month after i get the stump dents out of my rocker panels.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not any time soon. I’d just like the extra clearance for driveways/steep inclines and snow. I like the handling and ride too much to go too far, otherwise I would have gotten the Crosstrek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was asking because you can gain a half inch of clearance with slightly taller tires. 205/60/16, 205/55/17, or 225/45/18 for example. I was thinking of a lift but wouldn't want to go more than 1 inch anyway and tires are easy to change.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It'll depend on the dealer and who works on your car. I have a 2"/2.5" lift on mine with bigger tires and just got an oil change and computer update at my dealership. No one asked me about my lift. But I haven't had any warranty work done. A dealer can easily use it as an excuse to void the warranty, but it'll depend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts