5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just installed lift spacers for my 2017 Impreza Premium 2.0 Hatchback from ADF. I put 1 7/8" spacers in rear and 1 1/2" in the front. Here is a photo of the after. It was a pretty straight forward process and I think it looks good. Thoughts?

The main reason for lifting it was to prevent scraping at the entrance to our driveway (so my wife doesn't have to park it up on the street) The other benefits I will get are a little more clearance driving in snow and a slightly higher ride but not as high of a look as the Crosstrek. The clearance height of the Crosstrek is 8.1 Inches. My lift took the Impreza from 5.1 inches to 6.6" front and 6.98" in the rear. Please let me know if you have any questions about the process.

Blake

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
Welcome to Owners Of Lifted Imprezas! I haven't found anything not to like about having a lifted Impreza yet. Not scraping the pavement anymore is a great thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks good!
Are you happy with the 1 7/8"s in the rear?
I'm going to use the ADF kit and was trying to decide whether to go with the 1 1/2" in the rear or the 1 7/8".
27" tire is as big as you can go if you do decide to get bigger tires from what I've read.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Jimw,
I'm happy with the 1 7/8" in rear. Our children usually ride in the back so I think it made sense. Will get you measurements on the fenders tonight.
Blake blakestarr1

·
Registered
137 Posts
S10blazed,
Not sure about putting a larger tire on. I think you might need to buy the link spacer kit with the strut spacers if you add larger tires, but I am not 100% sure. Here is a link to link spacer kit.
https://andersondesign-fab.com/product/2017-2018-impreza-1-5-multi-link-spacer-kit/
Does it look like the rear tires are not centered in the wheel well? Its tough to tell from your picture, although it looks fine from that angle. That link you provided mentions correcting that problem. I was just curious if such a small lift was enough to fit a slightly taller tire. That would give even slightly more ground clearance and fill in the gap a bit.

I have no intention of lifting mine or putting on larger tires. Besides, if I had to spend $180 on a few bolts and some steel tube, I'd reconsider real quick. >:)

·
Registered
778 Posts
I dig it! but I am a fan of different. I like lowered Crosstreks and lifted Imprezas, go figure. get some nice Sparco wheels on it and you will be in love!

Reactions: blakestarr1

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sounds like meeting in the middle!

haha, tell me about it. I guess I am different, lol.

my ultimate vehicle would be a full size truck on bags where I could slam it or raise it 6". I would 2 different sets of wheels and tires so when my mood changed I could change wheels. run it lowered for a while, then lift it. I like too much stuff...

Reactions: blakestarr1

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks. I ordered the ADF 1 1/2" kit with the multi link spacers since I usually will not have passengers in the rear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jimw,
Nice!! Just an FYI..I didn't by the kit with the multi link spacers. I only bought the strut spacer kit. From what I understand you only need the link spacers if you are going to a bigger wheel/tire combo. If you have any questions about installing strut spacers feel free to reach out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
jonscott25,
The handling is fine to me. It feels a little different but not better or worse.
That's cool!
Sport handles like it's on rails.
I'm leaving ground clearance stock, even though cars scraping over ice on the driveway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice jonscott25! I wouldn't worry about a slight ice scrape on drive way. I've been under the car and there is a lot of plastic guarding the undercarriage. That is most likely the scraping you are getting. Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

I just installed lift spacers for my 2017 Impreza Premium 2.0 Hatchback from ADF. I put 1 7/8" spacers in rear and 1 1/2" in the front. Here is a photo of the after. It was a pretty straight forward process and I think it looks good. Thoughts?

The main reason for lifting it was to prevent scraping at the entrance to our driveway (so my wife doesn't have to park it up on the street) The other benefits I will get are a little more clearance driving in snow and a slightly higher ride but not as high of a look as the Crosstrek. The clearance height of the Crosstrek is 8.1 Inches. My lift took the Impreza from 5.1 inches to 6.6" front and 6.98" in the rear. Please let me know if you have any questions about the process.

Blake

1 - 20 of 23 Posts