5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice! Did you need to disconnect and lengthen the brake lines? That's the only part that sketches me out.
This is a pretty old post so I don't know if the original poster will reply. I have a 2" lift on my 2017 Impreza Sport and we didn't have to lengthen the brake lines when we installed it. My kit is Subielift OZ, but it should be similar to the ADF kit.

However, a not funny story is one of my friends didn't reconnect the brake line properly so it was rubbing against the rim and it broke while I was going 65 on the freeway. Luckily I didn't hit anyone and was able to slow down and pull over to the side. I was NOT happy. So double check the brake lines after installing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No I actually just did more and omg so worth I went from 27in axle shafts to 30.5 heavy duty axles added oem crosstrek subframe spacer 30$ or something to correct my axle angle on the front added upgraded crosstrek control arms with the forester suspension already and omg so much flex and no axle bind and get to walk over crosstreks #goalachieved still cheaper than a crosstrek and way more fun. Also no did not have to change break lines just loosened them before I moved stuff around.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

I just installed lift spacers for my 2017 Impreza Premium 2.0 Hatchback from ADF. I put 1 7/8" spacers in rear and 1 1/2" in the front. Here is a photo of the after. It was a pretty straight forward process and I think it looks good. Thoughts?

The main reason for lifting it was to prevent scraping at the entrance to our driveway (so my wife doesn't have to park it up on the street) The other benefits I will get are a little more clearance driving in snow and a slightly higher ride but not as high of a look as the Crosstrek. The clearance height of the Crosstrek is 8.1 Inches. My lift took the Impreza from 5.1 inches to 6.6" front and 6.98" in the rear. Please let me know if you have any questions about the process.

Blake
Hi Blake, did you get the anti-wobble insert? Not sure if the insert is needed...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts