5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza base
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I’m new to this. If I’m in the wrong spot let me know. So I own a 2020 base Impreza 5 speed. I did an Anderson 1.5F 1.7/8R lift with falken 215/60/17 on sparco terras rims, borla muffler direct replacement. I also added a rear sway bar with crosstrek end links (sway bar was factory 14mm) & a cusco front strut bar & trying to find a cusco rear strut bar (nobody has and in stock). I also have on factory roof crossbars with a harbor fright roof rack.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
129 Posts
I also added a rear sway bar with crosstrek end links
Holy shit please elaborate! I want this. Can you please explain in a bit more detail what parts you used? I know I have the skills to install it but I'm lost without some direction. Pls halp.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Holy shit please elaborate! I want this. Can you please explain in a bit more detail what parts you used? I know I have the skills to install it but I'm lost without some direction. Pls halp.
I'm curious, too. I have a Sport which has a rear sway bar, but the end links/brackets are different than the Crosstrek ones. I know this because the sway bar extenders I got with my lift were made for a Crosstrek, and let's just say my friends had to get "creative" in order to get the extenders to work. I think I looked up the diagram for the Crosstrek brackets, but we weren't sure if they would fit.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
129 Posts
Have to ask, why not start with a Crosstrek?
For me, I wanted a crosstrek, but an Impreza cost me $18500 whereas the cheapest they would give me a crosstrek was $23k.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza base
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lift kit was through ADF the sway bar was factory and the sales clerk at Subaru told me to use the cross track and links for the length Because the rear was almost 2 inches. I actually did not do the lift I had SoCal suspension in San Diego do it because I’m a truck driver and I didn’t have the time to rip it all apart and do it with jackstands and a floor jack.

The unibody between the Impreza and the crosstrek are almost identical The sway bar bushing kit was for an Impreza just the end links are different. As for actual installation sorry my friend I don’t know I didn’t have the time to do it.

Sick! I do think this is the wrong spot, but whatever! Dig the lift. Love the ADF stuff!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice mod, if that's what you like. You've ended up with pretty much all the things a Crosstrek has, minus the larger front brakes and the 6-speed manual. From what I've heard, the 5-sp has a much better linkage than the 6-sp, so I'd call that a tossup. I'm still happy with my stock-ride Sport, though....

BTW, I'll have to remember that "Harbor Fright" gag!

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza base
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My friend do you think I’m joking but I’m serious that roof rack is from Harbor freight it’s actually pretty damn good for $75! The Yaquima was like 500 sorry but I wasn’t going to spend that much money! I found through Subaru a short throw shifter that I’m planning on buying and the kartboy bushing kit for my car if they have it!

Nice mod, if that's what you like. You've ended up with pretty much all the things a Crosstrek has, minus the larger front brakes and the 6-speed manual. From what I've heard, the 5-sp has a much better linkage than the 6-sp, so I'd call that a tossup. I'm still happy with my stock-ride Sport, though....

BTW, I'll have to remember that "Harbor Fright" gag!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Nice mods. Always good to see another lifted Impreza. There's a write-up on the short throw shifter installation here:

Adding the kartboy short lever makes for a nice combination. If you plan to go that route, I would add the kartboy lever before installing the short throw linkage, just to make it as easy as possible.

I bought my Cusco rear strut bar from an eBay seller. I see he still has one available. Search for:

Cusco Rear Strut Bar OS Type for 2018+ Subaru Crosstrek/Impreza 2.0L

The seller accepted a $170 offer for mine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My friend do you think I’m joking but I’m serious that roof rack is from Harbor freight it’s actually pretty damn good for $75! The Yaquima was like 500 sorry but I wasn’t going to spend that much money! I found through Subaru a short throw shifter that I’m planning on buying and the kartboy bushing kit for my car if they have it!
I like Harbor Freight stuff. I'm always surprised by what they offer. Is it going to be top of line? No. But I don't really need some stuff I get to last seven lifetimes. The rack looks nice and if it does the job then 75 is a great deal. Lots of people grab the Yakima tray more for brand name than anything else.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza base
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hell ya bro thanks very much!!!!

Nice mods. Always good to see another lifted Impreza. There's a write-up on the short throw shifter installation here:

Adding the kartboy short lever makes for a nice combination. If you plan to go that route, I would add the kartboy lever before installing the short throw linkage, just to make it as easy as possible.

I bought my Cusco rear strut bar from an eBay seller. I see he still has one available. Search for:

Cusco Rear Strut Bar OS Type for 2018+ Subaru Crosstrek/Impreza 2.0L

The seller accepted a $170 offer for mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts