5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering about the shift in gas mileage those of you with lifts see?

I have a 2020 and am considering a 1.5” lift and the stock premium wheels/tires until those wear out and then probably from the 55 to 60 tires.

I’m concerned about a drop too big in mileage that would drop tank range to 300 or less...

Also, token: I don’t want a crosstrek disclaimer. They’re toooo high.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have a 1.5" lift. I saw no change in gas mileage. I also changed from the 55 series tires to 60 series. That added another 0.5" of lift. The larger diameter tire corrects the speedometer error, but also results in the car odometer having some small error (less miles recorded than actual).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 1.5" lift. I saw no change in gas mileage. I also changed from the 55 series tires to 60 series. That added another 0.5" of lift. The larger diameter tire corrects the speedometer error, but also results in the car odometer having some small error (less miles recorded than actual).
Careful with that. Technically you could void your entire warranty if a tech is savvy enough to catch the tire size change. Be easy for dealer to claim odo is not actual mileage.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a 2" lift and I know there's a difference, but it's hard for me to calculate since my tire + rim size is larger than stock, plus they're all terrain. I also have Yakima crossbars and a fairing which also contributes to mpg loss. My computer calculates about 26-27mpg, however I don't know how it calculates it since my odometer and speed would be slightly off to begin with. I should calculate it next time I get gas.

I wouldn't think you would get a noticeable difference with just a lift. It's the larger tire size and type of tire that will really cause loss of mpg.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Careful with that. Technically you could void your entire warranty if a tech is savvy enough to catch the tire size change. Be easy for dealer to claim odo is not actual mileage.
I'm out of warranty, and I went out on the 3 years not the 36,000 miles. I'm sure dealers are used to seeing oversized tires on Crosstrek, Outback, Forester, etc. My tire size change is a pretty minimal difference, but it is a difference. My dealership mounted the tires. They are fully aware of the size change.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Crosstreks and Imprezas get pretty much the same mileage with the same aerodynamics. The Xtrek is quite a bit higher off the ground than the Impreza.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts