5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

What tire size is on your lifted Impreza?

• 215/60/16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 205/60/16

• 205/65/16

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Actually took that pic to soon, mileage went up to 29.6
Yea so I’m thinking the Geolandar G015might give better fuel economy than the Wildpeak AT Trails due to less weight and skinnier tread, and if that’s the kind of highway that can be had then I’ll have no issues. I really want to see what the 215/60/16 Geolandars feel like, but I also really want my car to hit the 7.5” clearance mark (my old 04 Colorado was 7.5 inches when new and I took it anywhere you can make it with 2wd and those $75 Goodyear trail tires from Walmart)....

anyone with wildpeaks care to add to the discussion?

oh and, do you guys still get oil at the reported 6k miles mark?

·
Registered
28 Posts

215/65r16 Falken wildpeak trails. Quiet on the highway. Awesome off road. Geolandars have a weaker sidewall. Only rubs cause of the rally armor mud flaps and only while braking and turning at the same time. Without the flaps no rubbing. 2" front, 2.5" rear lift. Tires will fit and not rub on a unlifted car. Mounted these before I got my lift.

The tires alone got me an extra inch clearance when pressured up.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport
33 Posts
View attachment 25561
215/65r16 Falken wildpeak trails. Quiet on the highway. Awesome off road. Geolandars have a weaker sidewall. Only rubs cause of the rally armor mud flaps and only while braking and turning at the same time. Without the flaps no rubbing. 2" front, 2.5" rear lift. Tires will fit and not rub on a unlifted car. Mounted these before I got my lift.

The tires alone got me an extra inch clearance when pressured up.
Any tire under 235 is only 4ply, I believe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any tire under 235 is only 4ply, I believe
From what I have read up online when doing a few months research the g015's tend to pop sidewalls easy from rocks. With the design of the falken wildpeak trails it's alot less likely but not impossible. Plus the price and availability I had to go falkens. Been on them for more than 10k and love them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
From what I have read up online when doing a few months research the g015's tend to pop sidewalls easy from rocks. With the design of the falken wildpeak trails it's alot less likely but not impossible. Plus the price and availability I had to go falkens. Been on them for more than 10k and love them.
What is the typical reported highway mpg for you?

·
Registered
28 Posts
What is the typical reported highway mpg for you?
If I get to drive hwy it's typically around 9.5L per 100km. But I live in BC Canada so rarely a hwy that's not going up mountains lol. Usually 10-11.5 mixed driving and I'm not easy on the gas pedal. 5spd as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If I get to drive hwy it's typically around 9.5L per 100km. But I live in BC Canada so rarely a hwy that's not going up mountains lol. Usually 10-11.5 mixed driving and I'm not easy on the gas pedal. 5spd as well.
Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
What tires are you running? Any rubbing issues?
What's your mpg?
ko2 tires, and u cant run mudflaps, have to trim tiny bit of stock bumper(which u cant tell is cut) and mpg is probably around 25. i do have a metal bumper aswell which is deff killing some mpg

21 - 31 of 31 Posts