5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that using the computer, a mechanic can adjust a bunch of car settings that
are not available directly by an owner. Is there a known list somewhere of what these
are?

Is there a know list somewhere for the 2017 Impreza? Taking car in for inspection
in my home state next week and would like to get a few things tweaked while there.
Bought car in NJ last week.

Few things to adjust:

Would like to get doors to auto lock when in drive or low speed
Would like to limit seatbelt warning to a few dings (I do wear my seat belt!)

It hinted at this in the manual, but don't know for certain if they can be changed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
There may be a way to get into a "programmer" section of the infotainment maybe that puts you in a position to access more in depth settings ? I know Infiniti does this

·
Registered
138 Posts
Any resolution? Would love both.
I saw some references for disabling of the seat belt warning but the procedure I tried didn't work on my 2018 Impreza.
I understand the reminder - but my Ford "shuts up" once I buckle-up. And when - after that I want to undo the seatbelt whan I am parking - as an example - it doesn't bother me anymore. Would like to get Subi doing similar.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Fantastic idea! Could you point me to a chapter and/or page?
Actually I did search the manual - but didn't find anything relevant.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Actually tried again pretty much the same as before. This post below by Doca @ subaruxvforum is written clearly and addresses the Push Button Start - so directly applicable to my Impreza. This time it worked!
The only drawback is that it is muted completely. If I wrote the code it would still chime but only few times. Similarly when you unbuckle. Nothing is ever perfect and two programmers have rarely the same opinion ;-)

Quoting below:
---------------------------------------------------------------

I have a key and it worked for me. Not that you probably haven’t tried the below, I found these instructions on another forum for a keyless 15’ Impreza that worked and was supported by others; one of them has an 18’ Outback.

“This worked for me, but unlike my old Impreza, it only seemed to work if I let the buckle lock each time. With the Impreza, you could just hold the release down, which made it easier. You gotta be pretty quick with this car...
Without pressing the brake pedal, hit the start button twice for ACC mode
Buckle then unbuckle your seatbelt for a total of 20 times in a 30 second period
Hit the start button without your foot on the brake pedal to turn the car off
Press the brake pedal and start the car”

https: // www(dot)subaruxvforum(dot)com/forum/lighting-electrical/152706-disabling-seatbelt-chime-2018-crosstrek-limited-keyless-ignition.html#
Last edited by Doca; 01-01-2018 at 12:46 PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts