5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I invest a lot of time in my car, the wife is aksing to make money if I invest so much in it. So I was thinking to let others make photos near it. Or to find a way to make money without including the car, because I like it too much.

·
Banned
Subaru Forester
1 Posts
I have the same problem. I like a lot to take care of my car and my wife is also not very happy about this. So, I started to look on the Internet how to make money and I came across yourmoneygeek.com, where I read many ways to make money. I chose to sell photos because I take photos of my car every day and of many landscapes. Now it brings me a good income and my wife is happy and sometimes she shares with me with her photos.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,910 Posts
Car and Driver (or, was it Road and Track?) did a great article about delivering food and Uber etc. with your car to make money. Basically the article concluded that the money you make an hour is just a joke.

Unless you have an exotic worth hundreds of thousands I would doubt that you could find people to use your car as a prop and pay you for it. But, this is a crazy world! Good luck to you!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Making money with a car is very tricky, every mile you put on the car has depreciation, and wear and tear repair costs associated with them. If you don't keep track of those costs it will catch up with you later down the road if you don't set aside some of your new found income to cover those eventual costs. A lot of people spend their new income like a paycheque, but they don't save money to repair and replace the vehicle 5 years down the road when it wears out and is worth almost nothing in resale/trade value.

It's like auto racing, if you want to make a million dollars in racing start out with two million. lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Car and Driver (or, was it Road and Track?) did a great article about delivering food and Uber etc. with your car to make money. Basically the article concluded that the money you make an hour is just a joke.

Unless you have an exotic worth hundreds of thousands I would doubt that you could find people to use your car as a prop and pay you for it. But, this is a crazy world! Good luck to you!
People bought pet rocks so....

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
100 Posts
This thread is a conspiracy by poster #1 and #2 (probably same person) to get a backlink for the website supplied in link #2.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lol yeahhh. Everyone wants to pay to take pics beside a Impreza.

Two first posters are for sure the same person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I didn't notice both 1 post posters. Mods should look at IP address' and delete this thread since it's just spam.

·
Administrator
1,910 Posts
Thanks guys, I banned "both" of them. Was about to delete the thread but decided that with all of the serious stuff in our world right now we could use a good laugh.

I just sent some photos of my car to PLAYBOY magazine. I figured they would pay me big money to use a photo of a 25k car in one of their articles. What do you think?

·
Administrator
1,910 Posts
Do you guys think that if I put a plastic, stick on hood scoop on my car I might get more photo offers?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
366 Posts
Honestly, as someone that has been doing photography for over 4 decades, the only way he'd make money is if he or his wife was willing to dress scantily and sit on the car. Even then :) ...

·
Administrator
1,910 Posts
Honestly, as someone that has been doing photography for over 4 decades, the only way he'd make money is if he or his wife was willing to dress scantily and sit on the car. Even then :) ...
It would be more about the model than the car.

·
Registered
109 Posts

I've done Uber and Lyft for two years and made 20K each year from it, but you have to really give it a go and put some long hours in (thank you Adderall). Yes the depreciation is real. I'm at 67k miles on my 2018, 40k of that was from Uber and Lyft. Plus my drivers seat is trashed and all the tan leather is stained, so I'm looking at getting a Katzkin interior replacement here soon. Conservatively my car might still be worth around 15k if I return it to stock (paid 26K new). So about 11k of value gone in two years with 60% of my driving for business. Of course it doesnt scale perfectly, but say my interior was perfect and the car had 27k miles on it I might be looking at closer to a 17 or 18k value.
Was it worth it? When I lost my full time job and fell back to driving to feed and house myself I was incredibly grateful to have my car as an asset and I didn't hesitate to use it. Currently I just drive weekends for Uber eats only due to the Rona and I still manage to pay my car payment with it.
Ill keep my Subie for the long haul.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts