5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
245 Posts
Find out why it has a salvage title, reason matters a lot. Flood cars are too be avoided like the plague. See if they have photos of the prior damage should it have been been repaired well enough you can't see where the accident was located on the car.

Get the VIN. Google the VIN exactly, if this car was sold at auction, you'll have original photos of the damage, and be able to inspect the repairs. You also will likely have purchase price of the vehicle for it in totalled condition. The price also seems steep for a vehicle where the title hasn't been re-branded as rebuilt. I think the price they want for a 5 year old car that has a current unknown history (not to mention recalls are unknown to have been serviced) is dodgey.

·
Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
245 Posts
Seeing the report, and the photos you supplied earlier, if you can negotiate price to something more comfortable for you, and the repairs were done well, it could be a decent buy.

Inspect that rear corner everywhere. Check panel gap, check the body for remaining creases, check the underside for some cheaper out "hidden so no need to repair" damage. Test drive it, make sure it tracks straight. Know that whoever bought this likely bought to fix and resell, there's a profit motive here, so make sure you're not getting scammed for garbage repair.

I saw in the first photo you shared that the sideskirt is still damaged and the auction report states undercarriage damage, was it lifted wrong? Is there frame damage under the driver door? That's something I would stay away from. If it's just the rocker panel, then that's cosmetic. Get a scan tool and make sure nothing is cleared, or have a friend/mechanic you know scan it.

Edit: I want to add, check the frame around the doors, and the driver side rear wheel well, as the damage can radiate out too, make sure it was repaired effectively.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts