5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to getting H&R springs to lower my car. I will get coil overs in the future but I want to use Lowering springs to start with.
If anyone has them.. hows the ride, quality, long term use. ect. ? btw my car has 6k

If you guys have pictures with them on lemme see!

·
Registered
4 Posts
@imprezabry I installed my H&R springs I believe at around 40K. Im now about to hit 60K and have little to now problems. Sometimes the springs would get a little noisy and sound like they were rubbing. I simply would lift my car up with a jack about every 7k miles and drop it and the sound would be solved. Very tedious work but with patience and the right tools it can be done. I recommend watching Youtube videos of people chasing springs for the 2015+ wax models since it is very similar components if not identical. Subiespeed gives a good video on what tools and steps you'll take to accomplish the project. Ride is comfortable and you'll definitely see noticeable change after the springs settle.

Here is a before and after. Took me about 3.5 hours for a first time user. Now I can tear apart a whole strut in probably less than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
2020 Sport hatchback manual - Baltimore, MD
53 Posts
@Galaxy Does ride stiffness or harshness increase? Body roll affected?
Also can I ask what wheel size and offset are you running? Fender modifications?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts