5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I was failing to get to the "Multi-function display (color- LCD)" Setting screen. (Talking about the screen in the center of the car).
The chapter 3-58 describes (what is also displayed on the screen):
"Push and hold [INFO]button for selection screen"
Sometimes this did work for me and sometimes it didn't.
This is one of the Subaru user interface idiosyncrasies: When you need to read the manual then the UI is a bad design. (Unfortunately not unusual for Suba infotainment).
Even reading the manual doesn't make it that clear. It says:
"NOTE When the combination meter display (color LCD) is displaying the menu screen entering screen, the system will not move to the setting screen even if the INFO button is pressed and held."
So in a nutshell: Function of the "Multi function Display" depends also on the state of the "Combination meter display" - the one behind the wheel. Change the state of the display using the up/down levers behind the wheel to anything else than the screen saying "Pull and hold 'i/SET Switch For Menu" as described in 3-35. Say you select to display tire pressure as an example. Then you are fine and you may "Push and hold [INFO] button ... with expected result.
Happy Daylight Time change ;-)

You guys who pay for Starlink can have the time set automatic and no need to go through the above. Otherwise one needs to go through "Settings"- "Time and Date"- "Manual" on the touch screen to enable the manual setting available through the "Push and hold [INFO]button...".
I also remember trying multiple times and going in circles when resetting maintenance interval until I randomly made that happen. Now I understand why.
Hope this may help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have star link for 3 years and the time is different every time I get in the car. I set to manual, I set to auto, I changed manually and it was different (not correct).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts