5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies if this is a repetitive post. I only saw one post regarding thoughts on the 5-speed trans.

Currently 2,300 miles into owning my base 4 door and I love the thing so far! BUT the clutch in this car leaves me scratching my head sometimes. I have driven stick most of my life and this is my first "modern" 5-speed car so there is a little bit of a learning curve going on. The best word to describe my issues would be "inconsistent." One stop light running through all the gears, a passenger would think they're in an automatic! The next stop light, they'd think I have zero idea what I'm doing! Wondering if any other members have had similar experiences with trying to find the cars happy places in terms of shifting. I haven't smelled the crispy-clutch smell since the first day I test drove it so I know I'm not hurting it but man is it a quirky little vehicle to manage sometimes.

Any feedback is appreciated and like I said, yell at me if this is a repetitive post. (This is my first pos on the site!)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts